Wizard Archon Teleport Buggy Animation - Rubber Banding

Hi, while playing Vyrs Chantodo today I noticed Teleport behaving bizarrely when Archon form is active. The buggy/jerky animation which can be seen in the video below (similar to rubber banding) seems to only happen when in Archon and high Attack Speed and/or Cooldown - Which can easily be achieved with Archon stacks + Swami + Channel or Speed Pylon and Holding down or Spamming Teleport. It’s hard for me to distinguish whether it’s the high AS or CDR causing the issue but I suspect it’s a combination of the two. It seems to occur frequently when at or very close 5.00 APS.
Outside of Archon I had no issues.

Patch: 2.7.0.74291

7 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue since March 30th. Even if I’m not using teleport while in archon it still happens. Outside archon, no issues at all.

Seeing the same problem as well. Noticed it after the latest patch.

im gonna point out that 2.6.4 patch devs wanted 12 days and not 5 days from end to start, since then we have seen numerous hotfix’s, bugs and issues arrive with no time to fix and no real plan or thought out solutions.
just have 1 problem fixed just to cause another

Same problem here as well.

Are they looking into this at all?
Vyr set unplayable due to severe rubberbanding every time teleport.

injouable… c’est lourd et je pense que blizzard s’en branle.
Cordialement.

french baguette pas content

Same issue here, observed after the update of “optimized teleport animation” …

For me the issue is more troubling, because after teleporting in archon form, there is a 2nd jump of the character which has a significant shift (i.e. position change, much more obvious than the op’s recording), this issue effectively renders Vyr Archon build not playable, or at least not enjoyable.

1 Like

I notice it happens more often when in uneven terrain, steps, obstacles, its almost as if you are being bumped back if any little thing interferes with your Teleport.

Same here. It makes the playstyle unbearable.

Same problem here. Only in Archon form.

yes only in archon form but its a bad reverse stutter at the end of the animation

I am experiencing the same thing I guess.
Monk and WD

Items I am using on both characters:

• grandeur in cube
  • 2 pieces of crimson set
  • trapped and stricken gem
1 Like

same rubber banding issue both with wizard and monk teleport.

Archon teleport is unplayable now. All other teleport are working fine for me. In archon basicaly each teleport is moving me backwards a bit. I’m getting super frustrated after even one GR. And now when we have separate leaderboard for Vyr set I was hopping to push it a bit :confused:

Can also verify that this effectively cripples Vyrs Archon. It’s like I’m getting a free teleport… backwards about half the distance. Straight up makes the build not usable let alone not fun to play.

same problem here. it gets worser when a speed pylon is active. when im moving to fast together with teleport, the ping increases to 70ms - 110ms. normally its 30-40ms. (region europe)

I see it still sucks. And here I thought I could do the 2 minute drill with this set, so far finishing short by a second, a second wasted by this rubber banding.
EDIT: lmao of course I succeed right after this post. It was still banding.

Still happening. Needs to be fixed especially since this is the free season set.

Still happening. The archon build unplayable. When it would be fixed?