Wiz (@ Torment X+) Damage Spells Stopped working

Using Typhon set, Torment X-XVI, only spell that works & gives damage is the Hydra. ALL other spells animate accordingly BUT do NOT damage monsters at all. Strictly Hydra for damage only. Removed ALL equip, and still only the Hydra works, no other damaging spells work. Please Help!

i think it happen bcs typhon set only incrs hydra skill dmg

and for anoter probelmā€¦ did u check ur cube item ? maybe u cube the hydra staff and hat thats why only hydra skill worked at enemy ?

1 Like

After last patch, NONE of my lev70 chars do ANY damage at all from Torment X thru Torment XVI. Last char was(is) Wiz, using Typhon-Hydra set. Was(is) awesome but something struck me odd that didnā€™t seem right. Discovered that ALL of my primary, secondary, and the rest spells do NOT work at ALLā€¦save for the Teleport, that worked just fine, but no Damage spells NOR any protection spells work. The ONLY ā€˜damageā€™ that was successful was per the Hydra buffs from the Typhon set. So, stripped all of my chars down to bare-nakedness, as it were, no equipment at all and no 3-cube-based spellsā€¦just absolutely nakedā€¦brrrr lol. Woulda figured that at least SOME spells would work. Yet still, not one spell working, although they animate as they should, all spells are ineffectiveā€¦period! Tested yet one deeper way and started at Torment I and worked my up one T-level at a time, checking if all spells worked, as they should and indeed, they DID, albeit with each T-level up, the spells damage weakened (due to monsters getting beefier). But at the Torment X mark, all spells become absolutely null-n-void. I can use the Typhon-Hydra set but whatā€™s the point playing Diablo: Stand and pop two Hydras ā€“ wait for them to kill all in front of them ā€“ then move up a few paces and pop another two Hydras, wait again for them to clear the path, then move a few more pacesā€¦rinse lather repeat. Can only hope Blizzard developers know whatā€™s going on and how to fix this horribly wrong issue.

Are you saying that damage numbers arenā€™t even popping up once you hit the Torment X mark?

Or are you saying that your damage spells which killed monsters in Torment 9 arenā€™t killing monsters in Torment 10?

If itā€™s the first, itā€™s a bug.

If itā€™s a second, itā€™s intended - There are large health/damage ā€œbumpsā€ at Torments 7, 10, and 14.

Keep in mind that with your Hydra set, 99.9999% of your damage will come from ONLY your hydras - Everything else deals meaningless damage. Thus with the Hydra set, you want to base your entire build around Hydras.

Thatā€™s how this game is. You dump all your eggs into one basket and spam it. If you want a game that makes use of all skills, you have to find a different one. The only way you will do damage is if you dump multipliers onto 1 skill and the rest are supporting skills. Alternatively, if all you want to do is have everything do damage, try out Tal Rashaā€™s. Thatā€™s the closest youā€™ll get to using all skills.