With the caldesann despair?

Do u at least get the benefit from the ledgendary gem u use? Cause im stuck between 4 ledgendary gems im using atm thts why im asking

The colour of the non-legendary gems use determine which stat gets added…

• Ruby = Strength
  • Emerald = Dexterity
  • Topaz = Intelligence
  • Amethyst = Vitality

The level of the legendary gem determines the amount of stat which is added

• Legendary gem level * 5 = amount of stat added

When the Caldessan’s Despair augment is applied to your gear all of the gems used (the three non-legendary and the legendary) are destroyed in the process.

The only benefit is the amount of stats added to the gear.
It does not grant the legendary gem’s power to the piece of gear.

So, let’s say you used Rubies and a level 75 legendary gem.
This would result in (75 * 5) Strength = 375 Strength

3 Likes

Just to be clear: When augmenting Ancient Legendary items 3 Flawless Royal Gems must be used.  

1 Like

It is further suggested to not use a Gem of Ease as sometimes people mistake the recipe and end up doing nothing but reduce the chosen item’s level requirement to 1.

This is much easier to avoid on console.

1 Like

Are you able to re-augment an item later?

Say I start with a level 35 gem, can I later replace the stat with a level 75 gem?

Of course

2 Likes

Yup, note that it replaces the current one, not add to it. So a 35 or +175 Stat done with a 75 gem later changes it to +375. You do not get the 35 gem back either.
And I also Echo to NEVER use a Gem of Ease for Augmenting (just for safety purposes). Using a Gem of Ease means if you forget just 1 thing or do it incorrectly, it will STILL consume the gem of ease and set the level requirement to 1 (you dont need to be on the recipe for it either).

Now that would be a good season theme

16 legendary gem powers? No thank you.