Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage nerf feedback

Yes exactly. I was fine w/ WD being slow – but WD literally crappy at everything now. At least pre-nerf we can say we had a strong trash-kill / GR-push build to compensate for the lack of speed, efficiency, utility, etc. But not anymore.

Again, I’m OK w/ a nerf, but this is an over-nerf. We’re not just losing 300% multiplier from our off-hand (which is equivalent to what Twister Wiz & BS Nec lost – classes we were already trailing behind in power by several tiers), we’re also losing 50-60% SB dmg & life/mana-on-hit from Voo’s Juicer, or we’re losing a huge 15% intellect/armor buff if we drop Sacred Harvester instead. Either way we face a big damage and/or survivability loss due to the absence of the 4th cube slot.

Basically until BS Nec, FB6 Wiz, AoV Sader, etc. are addressed, I think WD needs to get back some of the damage that’s been taken away. Regardless of the design goals of the team, the timing is quite terrible to scale back SB because WD now has literally no real advantages or role to play in the current META.

Suggestion : Tone down the 300% nerf on gazing demise, maybe bringing it down to 150-200% instead. This would help restore SB WD viability as a group META trash clearer, and also bring WD more in line w/ medium-strong GR solo pushing builds like WW Barb etc.

4 Likes

2020 - Oh a wizard, they are nerfed. Let’s get a WD instead.
2021 - Oh a WD (mundu build). They got nerfed also. Get a Necro instead.

Tell me Witch Doctor players… how does it feel now?
We wizards welcome you to the Nerf table that we sat on for the past year.
Have a seat. There’s always room for nerfs. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Absolutely stellar post, Morgan. And this is really the core of it all.

The nerf to SB drops WD back into the garbage can. I hope Blizzard reverts the nerf. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

mimimi. starpact was the meta trashkiller from season 12 - season 19 straight, it was about time we got something different. mudunugu was fun for a while but then again it just felt weird and was annoying to play. strong, hell yeah, but so annoying.

and at least with the necro trashkiller we can get rid of that stupid zmonk and play with a zdh instead that gives solid damage buffs, which also makes the RGK kill the boss so much faster. both wizard and witch doctor were way too squishy I don’t miss it even a second.

having said that, the second nerf to WD is heartbreaking and will probably again be a 2-3GR nerf. at least in solo the new followers will compensate for it

If you’re going to sarcasm flame you have to do it correctly and go back to the beginning

2014 - WD Nerfed - 0dog build nerfed - Only real viable build other than something revolving around rain of toads which really had no damage but a high proc rate.
2015 - Lost Sacrifice (0 dog build) because health globes were too many… and then they later give Necro’s the ability to generate Health Globes.
2016 - Everyone got buffed (yay) Wiz top DPS - WD got nerfed at the end and lost any chance of meta going into…
2017 - Blizz had to actually release an official post that the nerf to WD wasn’t to keep Necro #1 in defense of nerfing it…
2018 - ? I don’t honestly remember anything good for WD this year.
2019 - LoN got released so that was good, tied with Wiz finally, but Necro wins the meta.

5 Likes

There are a lot of posts on this topic. I hope the Blizzard nerf changes his mind, or lets the nerf resign and return the pet bonus.
What they make of wd is unreal and incomprehensible! It is not stronger than other characters and their sets !!!
What do you think we should play for? 120 solo gr? And with crusader, necros and wizard 140 solo? So where is the balance when you want not to hit the only viable thing wd has.

WD is crap now complete garbage they have to buff complete all sets for now min. 5 grift all sets of the WD or this will be a horror movie for the Saison or non saison WD really sad for my favorite class … i see the animation from the WD in my heat he is crying a lot

Someone needs to write this in the sky above Irvine. This is one of the pillars of their failure to reconcile with an “unsatisfiable” playerbase.

I don’t really care for WD, though they do have a few fun builds, but ngl the way this class gets treated is baffling. I don’t think I’ve seen as many class-specific nerfs, or a class be as responsible for game-wide changes, as these poor bastards.

2 Likes

I really think it’s because they want to wean as many people as they can AWAY from this class. I’ll wager its because they have no plans of including a WD in D4 or any of their future titles.

As a WD main I feel weak and unwanted by groups.

Having trouble understanding logic in the developer comment to Gazing Demise to balance the power of the sets, as it doesn’t apply to any other classes. Please buff other WD sets instead of nerfing Mundunugu. Thanks for the hard work with follower update.

2 Likes

If Firebirds can utilize pet bonuses, witch doctors should also be able to. Or, use that mana regeneration bonus on Mundundugus and beef it up considerably. I just failed a PTR 122, but yet I added 1300 paragon from non season in PTR. This additional paragon added 7k intellect. The same character at 2200 in season, who was stuck at 121, is now 3700, still cannot beat 1 GR higher from seasonal play!

Personal opinion, I really think wiz has a special place in diablo, and any nerf done to them has been and always will only be temporary. I started playing with my friend since the game came out and back then critical mass wiz ruled for a long long time. after they took CM away, wiz had ups and downs but they have never been underpowered for long. WD on the other hand…

And this is sad, black people overall are underrepresented but I especially feel this way in America, especially creole/Cajun areas with Nigerian, Bantu and French roots. I see and always will see Witch Doctor as a black-inspired fantasy character, derivative of the greater culture of colored healers and alchemists the world over. This culture deserves representation and positivity as much as any other.

When you look at places like India and Africa Witch Doctors are perceived in a much more positive light than in European countries. I think everyone the world over was on this journey of healing and knowledge seeking which led to the greater debate of traditional VS contemporary medicine; There’s a ton of literature out there for those seeking.

When Blizzard first announced Witch Doctor as a playable class for D3 my soul rejoiced a bit because finally my culture was getting proper representation within a game franchise that I already enjoyed. I really hope blizzard doesn’t intend to simply omit Witch Doctor from the annals of it’s history as something negative, following the more 1800s northern European mindset.

1 Like

I’m calling again to check the performance of the sets at wd … And the subsequent boost of some legendary items to balance with other intelligence characters.

1 Like