Wisdom of Kalan buff?

I was thinking about Wisdom of Kalan which used to be a great amulet (and still sorta is sometimes maybe) but with the buff/rework to Haunted Visions decreasing from 5% life drain per second to 1% life drain per second, and Simulacrums lasting twice as long (15 to 30 seconds) now lasting forever…Wisdom of Kalan really got left in the dust, even for something like Inarius which is THE Bone Armor set.

So I think it should get a buff. Here’s my idea but I am happy to hear all of yours too. Bone Armor can gain 10 additional stacks, and it can roll with Bone Armor +damage% I don’t know the balanced number but maybe even upwards of 800% more damage to Bone Armor, though that might be too strong so maybe 400% or 500%, I don’t know it can be anything. But it should at least get Bone Armor can gain 10 additional stacks instead of 5.

Now the only thing I can think would be wrong about this is, with Inarius and Wisdom of Kalan, Bone armor gives 6% damage reduction per stack, stacking up to 15 currently, which is 90% damage reduction, which is among the highest in the game (band of might and halo of karini are 80% for reference). So if 5 more stacks were added…it would be 105% damage reduction, which I’m not sure how that would work. Because I know it’s not actually 105% damage reduction, so maybe it wouldn’t be a problem, but something to consider (maybe just revert the 4 piece Inarius bonus to 2% increase DR on Bone Armor to compensate/balance for this new buff, though I guess that would still be 5% times 20 stacks which is 100% damage reduction, so I don’t know).

What do you all think? Yea or Nay? How would you change Wisdom of Kalan?

1 Like

Yup…Any build that uses simulacrums, no amulet has a chance against haunted visions. You can have both i guess if you cube the one. To be viable to replace one of your other slots it will need to provide a lot of dps increase. Something equivalent of COE. I don’t think that necro has issues with dps right now. Inarius is powerful without wisdom of kalan ( poison scythe build) at least for this season. I am more interested to see the other 3 sets reworked. Two of them are actually so far behind that no one probably touches them. So, maybe It can get reworked to complement another set in the future like tragouls or rathma? We’ll see. :slight_smile:

Yeah you can have both Haunted Visions and Wisdom of Kalan but the thing is…Ring of Grandeur, or other jewelry like Krysbin, CoE, even Flavor of Time or Briggs (and probably others) are more likely options than Wisdom of Kalan currently. It was great when Necro was released, but now several seasons and changes later, it could definitely use some love. And for sure the other sets should see some buffs or changes as well.