WIP Blood Revive LOD Necro Idea

Hey Guys,

I have been messing around with an idea for a necromancer build that I think would be cool if implemented. We know Blizz is listening and just wanted to throw this out there.

I haven’t quite worked out how to/what items would need changing– more research is necessary there. But, I am fairly confident that only a few pieces altered and LOD would be the way to go.

This build idea combines 2 class “designs” (look, I am no game DEV… let me have this); Life is a resource and Summons.

Really the whole build revolves around life/vit. The goal is to arrive at the following:

1. Damage increased based on # of health missing
  2. Damage Staggering (similar to how MONKS – at least at one point – tanked in WoW)
  3. Life Per Hit becomes relevant

In an ideal state the class game play loop looks like:

You are using your health as your resource pool, trying to keep it at a consistent point (lets say 20%ish). You will lower your health by using life consuming skills – like Revive Oblation. You will need to itemize to keep Land of the Dead up permanently.

The players will be asked to balance between optimal damage and survival (which seems to be in line with necro philosophy). There will need to been some item changes to get to the the damage levels where they need to be attractive – maybe an affix “minion damage increased by amount of health missing” (idk will need to work that out).

Suitability this is where it gets interesting. A build that uses health as a resource and not essence will obviously run Aquila Cuirass and being minion focused will need to work in Taskers as well. But, I think Moratorium is a gem that could make this build really work. The player should be naturally incentivised to dump Para into VIT instead of INT (which I think would be really interesting) to increase damage and survivability. Even with a much bigger health pool players will be prone to spikes – staggering that damage could make the suitability into it’s own little loop. And at that point we can start playing with the life per hit numbers (another, less used stat that would be cool to highlight).

Increased life per hit payoffs makes skills like Leech Sanquine End, Command Skeletons Dark Mending become attractive and fit the theme… maybe you can even work Bone Spikes Blood Spikes into the build.

Anyway, this is still WIP. More to come later. If you made it this far into my little theory – you the best music. Ty!

Excellent Idea, but should be on Trag’oul’s Avatar.

I like the idea of rewarding risk when you are near death.