Windows 11 screen flickering Diablo 3

Unable to play diablo 3 with a freshly downloaded and fully updated version of windows 11. Screen just rapidly flickers and isn’t visible for play.

Yes my drivers for nvidia are all up to date, did a scan and repair for diablo 3, and EVERYTHING from apps to OS is all fully updated.

No I do not have a virus, this is a brand new GS76 MSI stealth gaming laptop 3070 gpu card 11900H cpu 32gb 3200mhz ram 1 TB nVme drive 240 hz QHD screen with full Norton antivirus and fully scanned for hardware issues bug free.

Runs every other game I have without a hitch, Diablo 3 seems to be the exception. Anyone else having this issue? I cannot be the only one.

Hey there Marrowind,

Have we already tried using Windowed Borderless mode for Diablo 3 instead of the normal Fullscreen mode? I’d definitely give that a go next for sure.

Let us know how things go. Cheers!

I’m running W11 on all my machines, including my gaming rig. D3 (and D2R) runs fine on mine. 8700K and 1080Ti on a 165Hz monitor, no issues. If your monitor is Gsync compatible, try turning Gsync off and see if it changes anything.

Also check what programs and services are running in the background.

So I was on Fullscreen and selected the Fullscreen (Windowed) option and the flickering went away, appreciate the temporary fix. However that doesn’t resolve the issue 100% since the Fullscreen option still doesn’t appear to be working. Any chance others have reported this and have issues with the default option? It wasn’t doing this when I was using windows 10 yesterday right before I upgraded to windows 11. So clearly its a windows 11 based issue.

Hi, i dont know if its related to your problem (but could be):

in Windows 11 i have the following phenomenon - normally i play D3 in Windowed Fullscreen with vsync… in Windows 11 Vsync randomly drops out for no reason for me which could cause tearing/flickering (not for me since its on a freesync monitor tho)

Vsync works totally fine in fullscreen tho. Maybe that causes the problem on your side. You can check easily with the fps counter ingame - mine normally is locked at 75 (my monitors refreshrate) but every so often it shoots up to 280+ a few seconds and then back down to 75 again … i dont know why but maybe that causes the flickering on your end.

I also dont have that problem in Windows 10