Will Battlenet be replaced?

A lot of people don’t have good/any Internet too. That doesn’t change the fact Internet was indeed our biggest progress in last 25 years.

One might very reasonably argue Internet is the biggest regression in the last 50+ years. :scream:

Yeah this isn’t going to be the internet. It’s going to be a thousand service providers worldwide without the interconnects.

1 Like

It’s the beginning of the end for humanity as we know it.

Sure it may sound like some sci-fi drama, but once we get used to operating without a physical body, it’s only a matter of time before “ghost in the shell” is the new normal.

The quicker we can shed our flesh and convert our consciousness to a digital format the better, it won’t happen in most of our lifetimes, but it will happen and the metaverse is a huge step in that direction.

The Meta will serve as a testing ground for IRL digitalization, almost like a skynet alpha test, and in 50 or maybe 100 years, computer hardware etc will start to replace the human body.

You’ll be able to buy replacement body parts, upgrades, have flight tech installed, stealth mode, mini guns, infra red, a whole arsenal of fun things you can think of.

It’s coming…

/Terminator soundtrack plays

1 Like

Internet has been around for a lot longer than that. 1983 was almost 40 years ago.

Fixed that for you. Still waiting on you to be right just once. Considering you claim to be from the future that shouldn’t be too hard. Yet, here we are, with the great Skelos, master of never being right.

You can already do that now. We don’t need hardware for that.

About the mind transferring from brain to silicon - it’s a lot more than 100 years. If you want to see that yourself ask Bobby to give you some moneyz for cryo.

1 Like

I am genuinely surprised there is some technobabble you are not expecting to arrive in time for D4 launch :smiley:

Imagine all the DLC they could sell to everyone if we lived for eternity, while mining cryptocurrency in our fake sleep cycles.

We ARE in the DLC and “downward is the only way forward”.

Best comment today, this Buds for you. :point_right: :beer:

Moore’s Law my friend, and as chips get faster and more powerful, then the more obscene AI will become, but yes transferring our human consciousness may take some time, but we’ll be almost completely synthetic by then anyway.

AI will reach its peak long before humans would be able to transfer their minds anywhere. If AI gets a mind on its own it may get problematic at some point, but overall AI will help the human civilization.

The timeline is: AI peak → Brains powered with AI → AI brains peak → Consciousness moving

It will take time. Maybe for Diablo 66 things will settle down.

1 Like

Hahah +1

but i think the moment AI gets a mind of their own , they’re just gonna facepalm so hard from carrying us >.<

Well, if we aren’t messing with their cats much, they can leave us play Diablo lol.

1 Like

indeed if we do everything they ask of us , we can probably have an hour gaming session per day , good tip for when they take over the world hehehh

That’d be perfect for competition - no botting.

1 Like

But how else would i killmy evening after my 10hr shift Q.Q

Oh come on. Didn’t any of you see Wall-E?

1 Like

66?

Shoot man, I’ll be blown away if we ever see 4, let alone 66! :rofl: :rofl:

i dont actually recall them doing that- can you provide one example?