Will Battlenet be replaced?

So now we will have to pay a monthly fee? :sob:

“Upon close, we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog. We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers. As always, we look forward to continuing to add more value and more great games to Game Pass.” by Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming

You can still buy MS games on Steam. I see no reason to ditch Bnet if you own the games. If you play them through GP, you will need the xbox/MS games app.

No. As I replied to you in another thread, GP is for people who don’t want to buy games. You can still buy the entire MS library and not sub to GP.

Starfield was always an MS exclusive that was going to be on GP day 1.

It looks like a good game.

You can also buy the very same MS games that is on gamepass, on the very same Xbox app itself (if you for some reason would want to do such a thing). Gamepass is, for now, only an optional way to access their games.

I think they will leave battle.net in place, just merge the databases, and enable logging in with a microsoft account for all Blizz games. Microsoft did this with the Swift Key Android on screen keyboard product. They bought Swift Key. I didn’t realize they did until I upgraded to a new phone. Suddenly, one needs to login with a Microsoft account just to install the same skin that one had already had. The skin still costs zero $$, but one must bend the knee to new corporate master of the realm (the house of soft micro). We need a king slayer.

When D4 releases things might be different due to Metaverse. There will be drastic changes to online gaming in the future in a very positive way.

I wrote you many times we are not in 2000 anymore. Diablo and aRPGs has to evolve.

Mobile/Console will be the main focus I’m sure.

Not sure where that’s leaves us, the whole “you all have phones don’t you” thing still haunts me as it’s most certainly the direction MS will want to go.

Metaverse is not positive.

There won’t be PC/Mobile/Console/Whatever in the future. Those would be just ways to access the Metaverse.

And from there on: :cat2: :crossed_swords: :honey_pot:

All the discussion places like this forum would also move in the interactive space.

It’s the next human revolution on mass scale level together with AI. Just like Internet was in the 90s. I’d say no one should fear from such change since the Metaverse would become the new place for online socializing and would be extremely easy to access for anyone.

The only downside I could see is that this next gen entertainment system would be more expensive. But would be that such of a problem if everything is better and more enjoyable?

Until we get full dive VR, any talk about revolutionizing gaming is just lip service.

2 Likes

I have MS GamePass and I don’t ever experience log in delays or rubberbanding in there.

If current blizz games are made available therein, I would be most pleased.

Do you hear yourself speak this out loud? You really think M$ getting into a so called Metaverse is a positive? Microsoft? The same company that created Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) and a few years later said that OLE “is nothing… its just a word that means Oh-lay”. The same company that came up with “7 ate 9”. M$ will sell you some dry brown pellets (dog food) and tell you its healthy granola.

We already have this. It is called “social media”. Oh my god.

Free online accounts to an online forum paid for with adverts. Oh my gawd.

Come one Skelos I know you are too smart to fall for the okie-doke.

I can’t think of anything more frightening than to give any group complete control over your human interactions.

4 Likes

I would imagine Battle Net is much better service than Microsoft’s Game Pass. Ive used Game Pass PC once, and its bad. Bethesda’s launcher is bad too. Battlenet is the best option.

Zuckerberg’s metaverse? Hes too far from this, imho.

I wonder if the company name will change ?

Microvisionard?

MicroActiBlizz?

ActiBlizzardSoft?

MicroBlizzard. :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow: :cloud_with_snow:

2 Likes

I would bet that Battlenet will be the new home of Gamepass on PC. Microsoft’s store on Windows is a joke… and it knows it loses a lot of subscribers to Steam for exactly that.