Widescreen Advantage

I did but again aspect, ultrawide any of that meaningless it’s resolution.

Where do you want the window. The game can render 3840x2180. So we need to account for that plus average gamer resolution.

I would say most are between 1080p and 1440 in some way either horizontal or vertical advantage. So maybe the fog of war should be 1440 both ways and past that grayed out and unclickable. Cool an idea, but referring to that link gives out a tonne of bad info.

That’s complete bologna.

If you had any idea what you were talking about at all with the D2 pvp scene, you’d know that just about 50% of people who participated in GM duels, ladders, tournaments, wagers, will definitely use this advantage while claiming that they are not.

We won’t be able to moderate something like that in GM pvp. This will make D2r’s pvp scene as worthless as Diablo 3’s was.

You should add “all by myself”

You still seem to be misunderstanding the point of that link my good dude.

A person with a 1:1 monitor ratio can use the aspect function and set their screen to look like that, albeit it will show black lines above and under the play screen.

Have you played Diablo 2 before in multi player? Do you know what Fist of The Heavens is? Do you know how Blizzard works? Do you know what a Farcast Amazon is? All of these kinds of skills that are cast and then instant strike with no projectile travel, will be able to hit things, including players, from 5x screens out.

This will ruin the duel scene in elaborate ways. The PKing will be very very real due to this. Hardcore will be a nightmare PK zone due to this. Mobs & Bosses won’t even be difficult because you’ll never need to get anywhere near them.

This will take a game that once had amazingly great mechanical design, and remove that legendary mechanical design right out from under it.

You mark my words, if they don’t fix this, this remaster will be a flop.

5 Likes

K I just think your worrying about nothing that can’t be adjusted for and clearly believe VV has not or can not account for it.

But you do you.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the point of why people make feedback responses telling the company what they want changed.

That’s how things get done.

I can agree with a fog of war in pvp, or adding a neutral click distance around 1080-1440 so it’s still modern. Has nothing to do with ultrawides but just overall resolution as you need to account for the up to 3840x2180 rendering which isn’t ultrawide.

Looked more like a RTS like StarCraft or WarCraft LOL

Beta will tell is if it will become a fail or a success.

2 Likes

it wont fail :slight_smile: its an awsome upgrade of the best Game ever made :slight_smile: and they did fix alot of things we have seen just a little bit of it im sure we will see alot more when the beta start :slight_smile: we just have to wait and see :joy:

1 Like

I’ll be running my monitor in portrait mode so I can get the drop on everyone using ultra wide. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

noooooo thats an unfair advantage :rofl:

Yeah dude, I was never talking about resolution. The suggestion I gave is a fog of war, it’s just not a fog of war visually.

Imagine if there was a fog of war that did everything a fog of war is supposed to do, but it was transparent.

What I’m saying has nothing to do with tinkering with anyone’s resolution.

2 Likes

Yea that is the best option, I looked at the link you shared and that would defo be a problem, blizzard needs to see this and fix it.

If my desk was large enough for it, I’d be getting two of these extra-wide screens. Instead, I make do with my measly double 31.5"

I think if and when I play, I’ll just extend to get the whole thing.

Omg, just play and enjoy the classic game for what it is. If people have huge monitors of whatever who gives a crap. It is a video game. If you want classic hard pvp, go play classic. Just enjoy the new version for what it is and don’t be such cuckholds about it.

1 Like

Well the fact your post and that post you linked talks about aspect ratios and unfair advantage but incorrectly attributes issues to wide-screen and not rendered resolution which is your issue.

So you want a fog of war but invisible so you end up with dead clicks or redirected dead clicks. That would be exceedingly annoying.

It’s better to let users know where they can and can’t click instead of them panic clicking and ending up not where you wanted to be.

Gotcha, you disagree with me.

this is bad and break the game also the way monster have issue to agro

monster seem confuse and have issue to agro and monster are dead on arrival :frowning: with low dps lol , this is just to far and the game is not desing for this , range and caster will have a very easy gameplay now
this is to much for me , going to ask for a refund have fun guy , i guess my last post on this forum

People laugh until they see guys like this one ingame and start to realise that it is indeed a real problem :slight_smile:

Check it out : https: //i. imgur. com/W0Pfl6G.mp4

4 Likes