Why Why Why play Diablo 3?

No, not true. Weve gone over this dozens of times. If this was a MP game meant to be played with MP, them soloing would not be possible. It would be a L4D or Vermintide type game where even playing by yourself, you would have multiple AI companions.

Since that is not the case, Diablo games are not MP games, but rather SP games that allow for MP. My reasoning isn’t because I dislike MP, but the structure of the game. If the games required MP to beat then it would be a MP game. They don’t, so they aren’t.

People surely can enjoy or even prefer to play them with other’s. That still doesn’t make them MP games no matter how you want to parse it.

So claiming they were meant for MP is more of the for me comment you are trying to lay on me.

1 Like

And that’s too bad. It’s a shame there isn’t a Fire teleport rune, or a Lightning Disintegrate rune. Little things like this would have made much better. If you want to play a lightning disintegrate build, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TOO. Why wasn’t this added? Why are there no legendaries that buff certain skills at all?

Man, Diablo 3’s itemization people failed up and down the line.

2 Likes

Yeah, it did sound better than what we ended up with. Although most of the issues in the rune system probably would have been the same in the end.

You could just as easily say it is an MP game that allows for SP.
WoW is clearly meant for MP, but it does allow a tiny bit of soloing.

I dont disagree with the conclusion though. D3 clearly wasn’t “meant for MP” any more than it was meant for soloing.
Although the balancing in modern D3 means that it might as well have been.

D3 has already gone way too far into MP territory. And D4 seems to be going even further.
While both MP and SP should be supported equally.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember that.

Their reason for removing that system was that it cluttered your inventory full of runes and also because some of the effects were too powerful, which is why in current and vanilla D3 runes were equivalent to the powerlevel of a Tier 3-4 Rune during development.

Yeah, I would have found it much more interesting than the current “rune” system.

Then we feel the same on this issue.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes a fast pace game like DOOM Eternal impossible to play or enjoy.

It is just that DOOM and Diablo have some strong similarities, like the Occult, Satanism, fast pace combat, explosions, the dopamine rush, etc, just in another genre and camera angle.

What about platformers or games like Zelda?
If these also make you motion sick you must have out on many, many great games that came out over the two decades.

I actually think that they should have zoomed out the camera even more in D3, at least with the expansion. There are some zones and fights (Belial) where the camera is more zoomed out and it honestly greatly enhanced the experience, at least for me.

Imgur

Imgur

I think it would be very satisfying if the camera would be like in the pics above.
And I don’t think that would give you motion sickness as well :D.

Don’t get me started on the visuals of D3’s Frozen Orb.

I was so excited when they announced the skill to come back with RoS, but then when they actually showed how it looks, I was severely disappointed. I was just an overly large white ball that was not even shooting individual missiles.

Same for Spark and Scorch, which are also waaay too large. At least too large for me to suspend my disbelieve.

That is also the reason for why I still mostly play with the unruned version of Arcane Orb…

I asked / requested a few times to change the visuals of these runes with smaller assets that are already in the game (Energy Twister - Storm Chaser Charge - Agnidox’s Fireball - Iron Wolves Frost Orb), which theoretically would be easy to exchange, but so far the current visuals remained.

But it is understandable that they have priorities, though they have hired new 3D Artists in the recent past for D3, so maybe one patch or season is more about visual improvements.

=========================================

Seismic Slam for example still looks alright and I still find it satisfying to use although it imo kinda got a visual downgrade from when the skill was first show.

Yeah, if that would be a thing, I actually could consider playing a Tal Rasha build. I never really liked the playstyle of Tal Rasha, or in fact any other 6peice set aside from Unhallowed Essence, which I enjoy to a medium degree.

They also could have made Ray of Frost a rune for Disintegrate and then made other elemental versions of Sleet Storm, which also would have been a very fun build (one that I just recently played around with… ).

My guess is that because the Diablo team was told to work on D4, right after RoS released, they only had a skeleton crew and they needed to come up with some easy ways to give players some items to hunt for, and that seemed to be to give legendaries damage multipliers to very specific skills instead of more interesting and universally useful affixes.

Many devs who worked on D3 came from the World of Warcraft team, and in WoW where you build and your skills are already predetermined for the most part, such an itemization system works just fine, but it doesn’t in D3 where builds are more open ended and defined by player choice/customization.

I get the reasoning when they said "if you want to play a cold channelling build, you have to use Ray of Frost. I can get behind that. But a) you have to make sure Ray of Frost is viable (it isn’t) and b) there should be several Lightning/Fire runes for both Arcane Torrent and Disintegrate. That gives you at least 2-3 options to use the a channeled spell of whichever element you want, and considerably more for Arcane and Cold.

To me, this is one of the most egregious failures of D3. If your going to have me play highly restrictive builds, like Tal Rasha and Old Firebirds, at least let me have options of which skills I want to utilize with it.

1 Like

I play because I really enjoy smashing monsters and this game is just legendary.

I’m excited for Season 24, I just started playing a Monk for the first time and I’m having SO MUCH FUN!

I was loving my Sader but Monk put her on the bench for a minute, you don’t need to put in much time to make progress, so it’s been fun trying her out and realizing I really like it, I’m a happy potato!

I mean this game is awesome, not sure why it doesn’t have Legos already?

/hugs

1 Like

However, there are plenty activities you cannot do alone in WoW. There has not been one activity in D3 that has to be done with others. That’s the key.

1 Like

Same. I’m not sure if I can spare time to play all classes but am looking forward for playing Monk.

1 Like

Come to eu server, I show you how to play monk and then you can give that feedback to your devs. But I do not think they ever read any feedback :'[

1 Like

Understandable.

She’s right next to you, so I assume bringing her coffee every morning, pays big it seems.

She was also pretty sweet to me, some times. Send my regards to her and maybe she will bring tears…of joy to me in S24! Just some BiS gear, that’s all I’m asking.

Thanks in advance.

Warhammer: Chaosbane.

Complete in well under 200 hours, with four full sets of gear and Legendary rank of 600 (it could keep going but the game is even more grindy boring than D3.) Only played for about 8 hours.

I can’t seem to achieve that with my FB wiz this season. I also enter a game session to relax after a long period of work, and when I run solo 120s, my eyes have to keep my concentration at my wiz. This build has lots of power and tanky, but not to the extent I can auto-pilot and lift my minds off to other things while in the GR. So while the runs are normally smooth and fast, I gotta rest my eyes after just 3 runs, before I can resume for another 3 :sweat_smile: Perhaps it’s the boredom after an extended season with no season powers.

1 Like

This is why I used to play below top level a bit. My D2 sorc was 88 decked in MF gear and I used to do relaxing Hell runs in act 5 every night. I was not doing boss fights so I could chill a bit and just get into a rythm.

D3 I never compete anyway so I just pick something fun at a difficulty that feels rewarding to me - which does not take much.

I really wish that they would add some UI improvements. We have farming builds, emanting farming items on Followers for said farming runs.

I want to see in game how much of the currencies/mats I have collected during a game session without having to write down the numbers myself.

So say I set a goal of 200 DB for the game session - I want to know at a glance how close I am that evening. Titan Panel for WoW is a tiny thin strip at the top of the screen with the currencies in it - it shows total and how much collected that game session. It lets you select which you want to track. That would be prefect. Tiny, informative, customizable, and satisfying my farming/completion needs.

2 Likes

Uh, yeah, I keep coming back to the start of a new season thinking “THIS is the one I get a bunch of well rolled primals for my build…” and then slog through another season of the opposite. S22 I had to roll with a non-ancient Focus, this season has been spent with a gimped Dawn…NS still rocking a non-ancient Squirt’s neck…at least in s23 I got Nat’s pants as my GR70 primal drop (they look good on the Scoundrel - he’s got more primal gear than my toon) and not a Justice Lantern or Shard of Hate…

But S24 will be the one I get a bunch of well rolled primals for my build…

1 Like

I’m going to have to agree with the majority. Diablo 3 is clearly a multiplayer game that can be played single player.

Show your work that the majority believe this. I’ve stated my evidence. There is nothing that requires MP to complete, therefore it is a SP with optional MP.

1 Like

I agree with the majority in the thread, which include Shivan, Shadout and I with just you dissenting.

Yeah, even if it’s just a window that pops up with something like a /stat command in the chat to trigger it would work. Of course it’d ideally be a keybind we could trigger, such as using ` to open the window to see our progress. If they really want to get fancy, they could also enable an option for a Titan Panel type bar used in many WoW addons at the top of the screen that shows your ongoing totals. There are a lot of QoL improvements they could steal from the infamous THUD that would effectively make that cheating garbage obsolete if they chose to.

Click-through chat window such that only a / or Enter triggers it to open and the ability to completely remove the window during a game session would really clean things up.

Additionally, being able to use the console UI and mix and match between console and PC UI elements + move them around to suit your specific needs would be insanely grand. Want the PC skill bar but like the console portraits better? Put’em together! Need stuff on one side entirely because you’re blind in one eye like me? No problem! Tired of that paragon button? Make it so that your paragon level on the portrait glows blue instead of grey and is clickable so it can open the paragon window. No more annoying popup in the middle of the screen! Want to see all buffs instead of having to mouse over or hold a keybind down to see them? You could have that too (it’s how D3 used to be before that blasted consolidated buff holder became a thing).

There is just so much that could be done to improve the UI in this game it isn’t even funny.

UIs improvements won’t bring players back, but itemization improvements would, I’d rather have them spend their time there.

1 Like

That is what I want.