Why wait till the 8th?

Is anyone still playing that haven’t resolved things by now that they really need another week and a half to end the season? Why not Friday. Let’s get it over with already. :grimacing: :roll_eyes:

Then they can launch the new season on the 6th.

7 Likes

Exactly!!! Ending this Sunday will get people back to the game sooner.

4 Likes

They always give a couple weeks after PTR is over. It has always been this way. Gives the Devs time to analyze PTR data, make any last minute changes and package the patch.

7 Likes

Because…

As the current season is ending on the 8th November, that means the earliest they would patch 2.6.10 to the live servers would be Tuesday 10th and, leaving at least a week after that, the next available Friday to start Season 22 on would be the 20th.

7 Likes

I mean today being in a powerleveling community chat, there are active players looking for powerlevels. It’s a possibility that someone may start their season within the 2 week notice to end date. I think every week there are new players and/or old players coming back to play the game. They announced this “ending soon” on the Oct 25th so it end in Nov 8th is pretty much the 2 week notice.

they wanna beat the hype of the SL launch by having it six days ahead since itll be on the 13th

None of your post actually answers my question and posting the blue post doesn’t change my original answer; which does give 1 week down time, between end of season and the new one. They could shut it down on Friday and start the new on on the 6th.

i haven’t played since september either. content is the last garbage!
and I actually only played because of a few people. what will s22 bring? again a set of one character becomes playable and you can play the same boring scrap with loads of new bugs. why ptr if there is no reaction to feedback anyway and everything is taken over 1: 1?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, they couldn’t. Seasons end on Sundays, non-emergency patches to live servers are done on Tuesdays, seasons start on Fridays and they want to leave at least a week between patch being applied and the next season starting. So…

1. Sunday 8th November - Season 21 ends (as already announced)
  2. Tuesday 10th November - First available Tuesday to patch 2.6.10 to live servers
  3. Friday 13th November - Not a week since patch, can’t be season start
  4. Tuesday 17th November - First available Tuesday to patch in any fixes to live
  5. Friday 20th November - First Friday that is over a week since was 2.6.10 applied to live, can be season start

For your scenario to happen, there’d be only three days between patch 2.6.10 being applied to live and a new season starting, i.e. less than the week stated in the blue post, and the end date of the current season would have to be the 1st, despite them having already announced it as being the 8th.

2 Likes

Deciding to end the season earlier won’t magically make the patch ready to launch sooner.

Blizzard rushes product out before it’s ready: everyone complains.

Blizzard takes time to make sure product is ready: everyone complains.

4 Likes

shhhhh meteor shhhh don’t say that. still hoping for the 13th or BEFORE that xD

But the only possibility to achieve the second case is by asking Bravata to build a time-machine and convince blizzard to apply the patch yesterday

1 Like

I am actually still finishing my Season Journey. Because of all the audio/video vomit from the terrible Seasonal Theme I quit during the first week for about 3+ months. Although they have toned down the terrible effects from the theme, it is still hard for me to play more than 10 minutes a session because I have PTSD from dealing with the first week. I am almost done, but it is just painful to play.

I do agree with you the season has gone on far too long and it will affect pretty much no one if they just end it today. I wouldn’t finish the SJ, but it doesn’t really matter. Only doing it because I try to always do it.

1 Like

Wait, what? He’s now also a Time Lord, you say?

He always has been, since adam and eve. He also was the first one who did speedrun paradise by discovering a secret glitch that allows directly spawning at the tree to eat the apple faster.

He had an accident though:

1 Like

My money is on Friday the 13th. They already extended PTR and announced S22 two weeks prior to the start. If it is the 20th something must have gone wrong.

My predictions are always wrong btw.

2 Likes

If it’s the 20th, nothing has gone wrong, as that would follow exactly what the blue post I linked said they wanted to do going forward, i.e. over a week from patch to next season’s start.

No Meteor, stop mentioning the 20th.
It will be the 13th! I just decided that!

3 Likes

Season Live November 20th. Playerbase High for 3days. PLENTY of time to finish the Journey. Then everyone leaves and abandons D3, on the 23rd for Shadowlands.
You heard it hear first.

You got your end of season date and the first thing you said is NOOOOOOOOOO! Meteor hit the nail on the head with his answer for S22 start date. PTR had issues and even with the changes between that and Live, there might be issues in the client requiring a fix in that second Tuesday. I concur that the 20th would be the logical start date. Stay tuned for the blog when the speculation ends once and for all.

1 Like

Wait so the season is starting on my birthday?

Well now nobody is allowed to tell me I can’t grind from after work till the end of the weekend.