Why This Season's Theme is the Exact Opposite of Last Season's

I am very pleased with this Season’s theme. It seems to me it is the exact opposite of last Season’s. Here’s why.

Last season we had three random effects that would randomly appear on hit in random locations, for a random period of time. This combination meant that you never knew when the effect would appear, what it was, how long it would last, if you could get to it before it disappeared, and if it would do you any good when you got there.

Sure, the effect was occasionally helpful to ranged players, but it was almost always useless for melee classes. The effect would almost never appear under or near enough a melee character, and if you had to run to the effect, you were usually standing alone in a circle with nothing to hit.

This Season is completely different. We know exactly what the effects are because Blizzard published the information, and since they are based on kill count, we know when they are going to appear, and we don’t have to estimate that, because Blizzard gave us a little icon that shows us what the kill count is. Based on that, shrewd players can actually use these effects tactically.

And attaining the kill count is made easier because Blizzard increased the monster density in all areas, which not only makes attaining the counts necessary to enable the effects, but it makes the entire game much more fun because there are more monsters to kill; fights are more hectic and fast-paced, and that means more fun. Except for the Shrouded Moors, which still need work. But all the "Kill 150 of x Bounties are so much more tolerable!

Better yet, the effects are always centered on or emanate from the character. No matter what class you play, when you attain the kill count necessary to enable an effect, it happens. You don’t have to run to it and hope it’s still there when you get there, it happens at the character’s location, and it’s always helpful. These effects work! How many times have you run two screens away and saw all the monsters on the map still frozen? Even now I giggle with giddy pleasure!

It’s even possible to get to that 1000-count kill streak, and spawn the D2 Diablo, but I’ve seen a few videos, and as a hard-core character, I’m staying away from him. But the videos are fun to watch.

In all, this Season’s theme is far better, and I’d say that everything about it is the exact opposite in every way from last Season’s.

Citation required.
As far as I’m aware, there’s been absolutely no change to density.

However, as to the Pandemonium theme, it’s one of the best I’ve played.

where did you get that from? They have not made any claims they increased monster density. Heck they said we wouldn’t encounter monsters/elites at the door anymore. Fun fact that still happens.

This season is great because it also encourages players to kill the mobs instead of hunting the elites in the game straight away,

I have the feeling that S20 will not going to top S19 no matter what.

It would be great if they retains the 1000 kills to the non-season so we can have Uber Diablo in the game.

Huh? No they didn’t.

The best thing for me is the “change” to playstyle…instead of skipping zombies and spiders because they offer zero progression I actually want them so I can get my kill streaks going…a GR with tougher enemies like Grotesques makes it harder to get the kill streaks going.

Thus, in this Season they have changed the dynamic of which enemy I want to the opposite of what we normally want.

Awesome.

If you play this game for 4-8 hours every day, from Hard to T16, on every map in the game, Campaign, Bounties, NRs, and GRs, and I mean every single day, you get a pretty good feel for the average monster density you encounter under these various conditions. [Cue statistician Meteorblade]

Last Season players would have been complaining that they lost the kill streak counter before they could get above 400. This Season I have to purposely stop at 900 because I don’t want to see 1KD2Diablo.

Another fun fact. If you have a rank 50 Boon of the Hoarder, you can get the 50 million gold streak on just about any map, where last Season you could only do it on maps such as the Weeping Hollow, Fields of Misery, or Festering Woods. Sometimes Dahlgur Oasis and the Highlands if they had the right mob types, and the Briarthorn Cemetery if it was built big enough.

I’m just about finished with my 4th Season Journey to Guardian, and one thing remains constant and markedly different from last Season; the increased monster density on all maps.

Having said all this, there will still be 1 or 2 in 10 maps that are vacant, and the Shrouded Moors always suck, but go pretty much anywhere else and you can enjoy every phase of the Pandemonium Community Event Buff, because Blizzard put enough mobs on the maps to make it so.

Can anyone prove me wrong?

How would you know? You have a single level 1 character on a Forum Troll account, so it’s impossible for you to know anything about the game, this Season or last. Show me the account that says you have the experience to make any claim whatsoever.

Don’t know if there is a citation but I have noticed that some rift maps are stuffed full of enemies more than I have ever seen before but not all maps

And yet you didn’t look at his other character on this account
The guy has more experience than you claim

I don’t understand: the guy has a single level one character. There is no other character on his account.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/homerjnick-2794/career

To what do you refer?

Try looking on the EU server

1 Like

So even though he has had enough play time to see what it’s like it doesn’t count
You were the one that said

So it isn’t impossible for him to know anything about the game
I didn’t say he was an expert, that’s what you were expecting
I was pointing out is that he has more experience that a 1st level character that hasn’t been played like you are claiming
and can pickup what is going on

No, because once again your stance is based on how you feel things are rather than how they actually are. How could anyone use maths, facts, evidence and so on to disprove your feelings? For your fellow players, the claim you’re making is neither testable or falsifiable, i.e. only a dev could confirm that you’re wrong.

1 Like

Why do you think every player plays Seasons on PC? The game is the same on console and density was not altered because a) I’ve played every season, I’m an end game player and know it has not been altered via playing and b) Blizzard have not said they have adjusted it.

If you look for a YouTube channel with the same username I have here you will see I have streamed to YT in past seasons every day for a whole season.

It’s also not up to us to prove you wrong, it is up to you to prove your point is true…you say it has been changed with no authority or source of fact saying so.

The onus is on you to prove it.

1 Like

^^ Well, there is a level of proof, usually used in civil court in less important cases, called “preponderance.” It’s sort of in between, “circumstantial,” and, “reasonable doubt.”

So I just finished my fifth 50 million gold streak at around 120 million gold. On my second and third streaks I took a screenshot which shows the amount in the lower right-hand corner, and I think only on the third one I also took a screenshot of the map on which I completed the gold streak.

I completed all of these streaks, except for one on the Fields of Misery, on maps that you normally cannot spawn the RG on, because there just aren’t enough monsters. On these maps I not only clocked over 100 million gold, but also finished the GR. These were maps such as a small version based on the Not the Cow Level, and a small version of the Dahlgur Oasis.

On the last two of these streaks I had 0 Paragon points assigned to Gold Find, and I was only using the Boone of the Hoarder and Goldwrap, but not the Avarice Band, so my pickup radius was small, and I missed a ton of gold. The two items mentioned above were only so that I could have near-infinite Toughness on a high-damage build, because I was only interested in the Greater Rift Keystones.

I’ll post the screenshots on request, otherwise I’ll save myself the trouble.

These results, plus my general, “Holy crap look at all these monsters!” response when I enter most maps, provide me with a preponderance of evidence, which lead me to the conclusion that for this Season, in order to make the most of the Pandemonium Community Event Buff, and in order to ensure a generally positive response to it, Blizzard increased the monster density in most areas.

They didn’t…there is no difference…your perception is your opinion and it is not shared by the majority and couple that with Blizzard not saying they did, and they would if they had done, means your opinion is just that…your opinion.

1 Like

You made a claim and the only support for that claim is that you feel you’re right.

Do you remember how right you felt that crafted DH weaponry had an 8:1 ratio of vitality to main stat? Do you remember that as a result of me providing actual evidence, maths and statistics that how you felt about things was completely and utterly divorced from how things actually were? You felt it was 8:1, but it was actually 1:1. That’s how woefully inaccurate your feelings were compared to reality.

So, we’re once again at a point where you feel something is the case, despite other people not having noticed what you think has changed. In order to prove your claim you would need to provide side-by-side comparisons of pre and post 2.6.7 patch games, which you obviously cannot do so.

So, yes, save yourself the bother because only a blue poster could categorically tell you that you’re wrong, and that nothing’s been changed, even though other people are telling you that they’ve experienced absolutely no changes what-so-ever to mob density.

You got a 100 million gold streak and still finished the Greater Rift? That’s impressive, since mobs inside Greater Rifts drop no gold what-so-ever so it’s not possible to get a streak inside one.

This isn’t a “preponderance of evidence”.
This is evidence that’s patently false.

2 Likes

You know what I meant. Don’t be obtuse. Certainly you are smart enough to figure out that I meant NR instead of GR.

So, it turns out that how you felt things are, isn’t how things actually are.
Again.

1 Like

^^ LOL…yup. :crazy_face:

Sigh…apology accepted.