Why the blind only lasts for 1 second or even shorter on some elite monsters?

Isn’t it supposed to last for 4 seconds?

it’s probably because of crowd control immunity / diminished returns. once you start CC’ing stuff, the effects don’t work as long.

Thanks. Also find this if anyone else is interested.

Stun, Freeze, Blind, Charm, Fear and all others (except Slow and Knockback) are considered Hard effects, since they render monsters unable to act normally or move. For every second of Hard CC suffered by a monster, it will gain 10% resistance to all Hard CC effects, stacking up to 95%. This will apply to all subsequent Hard effects once the current effect ends.

Hard Crowd Control effects have a threshold limit: when a monster’s resistance increases to the point that it lowers Hard CC duration below a specific threshold (0.65 seconds for normal monsters, Champions and minions and 0.85 seconds for Rares and Bosses), Hard CC will no longer have any effect on them.

When a monster is no longer under the effects of Hard CC, its Hard CC resistance will drop by 5% per second until it reaches 0% or encounters another Hard CC effect.

1 Like

Back in time played with Disintegrate Wizard with Blizzard ‘auto cast’ with Sigil Shield. As I remember Bosses were Frozen and it was easy to kill them.
Maybe fights not lasted long enough to cap their resistances.

Makes me wonder if items such as Fury Bracer would still be relevant when the elite monster gains complete CC resistance.

Just a note - CCs that last for 16/18 seconds will always apply on mobs/bosses (Respectively the 16/18 part) regardless of what their CC resistance is at.

BRACER OF FURY

Heaven’s Fury deals 342% increased damage to enemies that are Blinded, Immobilized, or Stunned. (Crusader Only)

So does that mean, Blind and Immobilization lasts 1 second only then. And if I cast Fires of Heaven 1 second after casting Judgement, I wont get the buff?

There ought to have a duration of the buff similar to Monks’ Cesar’s Memento:

CESAR’S MEMENTO

Enemies take 667% increased damage from your Tempest Rush for 5 seconds after you hit them with a Blind, Freeze, or Stun. (Monk Only) [600 - 800]%

Cesar’s buff lasts for 5 seconds regardless of monsters’ resistance.

Well, as you can see, the wording on both items is clearly different so it makes sense that they don’t work the same.

That’s the reason why you should be careful and not just blind all the time, and instead time it to only blind on holy but for 100% of the holy duration.