Why no QoL changes this patch?

A couple of quality of life changes in this patch would be nice.

Can we just stack ramaladni gift to infinite.
Stack regular gems to infinite
Convention of elements indicator for party members
maybe a “upgrade all” button to quickly upgrade gems after a GR
Uber portals closes after 30 sec when ubers die

12 Likes

Personally, I would love it if they brought back the gem instant upgrade from a few seasons ago. I find it annoying to still have to wait “to see if it succeeds” especially when I have a 100% chance. I don’t mind having to click 3-5 times but waiting for that bar is just not needed anymore IMO.

The uber portal closing idea is good too

1 Like

They added the delay because of a bug that caused some gem upgrades to get skipped.

Their solution was to add a delay instead of actually fixing the bug, so I doubt at this point they will actually fix the underlying cause.

1 Like

Different patch, different focus. :slight_smile:

Per the patch notes, our main focus was to add a variety of different, new powers for everyone to have a chance to play with them. We also wanted to focus on a new, unique, and different type of Seasonal buff. That’s why there are very few instances of class-specific changes and no quality of life changes.

Quality of life was the focus for 2.6.5, and maybe we’ll revisit other areas of improvement for a future patch. It’s just not in the cards for 2.6.6.

1 Like

Can you tell us how many people are still actively working on D3? Because from what you keep telling us, even the simplest tasks are too much work for the team, so I assume it can’t be that big?

2 Likes

The main QoL changes last patch were one additional stash tab earned through seasons, search function for the stash, death breaths in horadic caches.

3 Likes

Quality of Life was kind of painted across most changes in 2.6.5, especially the General section. Screen reworks, permanent Rift Guardian ping, matchmaking changes, and of course everything actually listed under Quality of Life.

There’s a lot more there, likely things that you’ve come to already accept as being the norm after playing with them all Season (which means their role as QoL improvement was successful). That was the 2.6.5 goal; improving overall, day-to-day game experience. For 2.6.6, the goal was more items that most classes can use, especially when experimenting with Kanai’s Cube.

2 Likes

A stupid quality of life issue for me is to have a glow around a character when full set is used… blue,red,gold,yellow for instance.
that way i know set each person is wearing,plus it just looks cool, like i diablo2 which had a similar feature.

That’s understandable certain patches will focus on key specific issues, but I’m wondering if we’re ever going to have a ‘focus on under-performing skills and items’ patch in the near future?

Around 6 weeks ago or so (in the old forum) there was a thread you posted in asking something along the lines of “what skills and sets or themes do you feel don’t fit in well”.
Not sure if you still go back to read that because there were a lot of suggestions in there.

• Many DH’s have been waiting for buffs to Kridershot bow and Elemental Arrow
  • I know wizards really want Hydra and Blizzard to be viable, on top of the majority of their wands being useless
  • Barbs are a given lately
  • LoN necromancers dominate over any of their current sets, which is a big one for me personally. While LoN is cool there are many weak skills tied to their sets I enjoy like classic Bone Spear and all the life-spending abilities are extremely weak on Trag’oul set

New items are definitely cool but I feel like so many current skills that are fun (and look amazing) have never seen the light of day for years now.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t understand. 2.6.5 was only about QOL? The team re-upped some build (DoD WD, Captain Crusader, Rapid fire…). Do you consider build diversity like QoL?

Then, as said the post above mine, you requested us “Which skills needed some buff, or was left aside.” A lot of feedback, ideas, suggestions, has been made. But I remember almost none of it asked those buffs made in 2.6.6, since it doesn’t give any new possibilities. (Look at Boards on PTR, only an item or two changed, but not the gameplay.)

I thought you were, for once, communicating with us and hearing us, about what felt wrong in the game. (Which has an excellent potential IMO.) So I must say I am surprised, it’s always good to see new content for DIII, but… It doesn’t change anything at all.

Can we know how this decision has been taken, regard to all suggestions and feedback on skills in DIII?

Thanks for advance, and thanks for your communication Nev :slight_smile:

99% of the QoL changes we ask for are always passed over, or ignored. There could be a lot of reasons for that…but its pretty much killed the game imo.

1 Like