Why is there a cap on how many legendary items I can farm?

Hello,

I am an avid Immortal player so far, and I probably will be until I feel the game becomes too much p2w.
So far my experience has been positive. There are really good community aspects in the game, and most players are helpful and pleasent to be around in sanctuary.
However a quirk I really can’t seem to get my head around is why there is a limit to how many Legendaries I can obtain in a day, and same with normal gems now that we’re at it.

It says nowhere I have read so far, but yet I have confirmed it myself time and time again that content that when I start my sessions have 100% legendary droprate (like the red bosses) suddenly dont drop anything, and it seems clear to me I have hit some kind of cap on how many legendaries I could recieve for the day.

Can we get some thoughts on why this is?, and if it is possibly something that will be taken to revision?
It blocks f2p, p2w and whale players alike, and it seems so strange in a diablo game that there is a limit to item farm?

I get that the legendary gems is the bread and butter for blizz so I wont even bother with that here… But can we at least have some legendaries drop? I dont mind the chance being lower after the first few drops, but nearimpossible/0% is just not fun…

And content like the red bosses which has 100% droprate should always have that. Else you are literally taking away the joy of farming.

I hope for some constructive criticism here, maybe I am not thinking clearly on the topic, but I don’t feel with the pretty balanced legendary variety that it would do much to set players with lots of time apart from the rest more than xp farming already does.
To me all it does is limit the builds we can play and enjoy.
And yes all diablo games were like that before, but in past games different sets had a powercurve which is why it shouldnt be easily obtainable, in immortal all the legendaries are pretty much the same, and it is your lvl that determines potential power, so why not enable us to farm the attributes we want to play with?

Much love random moron out -<3

It seems clear to me that you’re new at statistics. You can’t take your individual, short-term results and extrapolate them to be representative of the player base as a whole.

As an example, today I got three legendary chest pieces, a legendary weapon, two set belts and a pair of set boots. Yesterday, I got none. So, that’s a variance of 7 to 0. How many was I “supposed” to get?

What sort of content are you doing? Are you doing the dungeons that show up in the Codex as having increased chances of set / legendary items? Are you doing the dungeons which have chances of dropping set belts / boots on Hell 1? How many runs are you doing?

The game’s only been out 7 days on PC, 8 on mobile. Do you really want to be at the point where you’ve already obtained and extracted every single legendary there is for your class already?