Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Just check their recent Twitter post and read what people say. Not a man? Okay. Then why does she look like a man? Why so many people are calling her a man? Why there are memes like manazon now? You can’t say people are overreacting. It means the artist made a really bad job. That is all.

12 Likes

Because people like to nitpick everything. I’ve also seen people complaining that Charsi isn’t “busty” enough. Should we take them seriously too? People are overreacting. This is what all the fuss is about? D2R Amazon SS That clearly doesn’t look like a man to me.

Okay. So when they change Barbarian into a black, asian, dwarf woman we can just say: “She loks fine, I like her. You are just overreacting.”

What next? Fluffy unicorns instead of cows in the Cow Level?

7 Likes

And this convo is over. You’re not even making sense. If you can’t see that the amazon from the in game screenshot looks like a woman, there’s no point in continuing on. What do fluffy unicorns have to do with how a character model is done? I honestly hope the devs ignore you guys and keep the amazon how she is just to spite some of you. lolz. Just because she’s not some beauty, doesn’t mean she isn’t a woman anymore.

Again. It is not JUST me. It is the majority of players. If you have a character and the majority of people say “why does amazon look like an old man?” then there is a problem with the character model. Or are you trying to say that there is a problem with all these people instead? Seriously? Why nobody saying that barb is a woman? Zero posts. But there are literally thousands of comments about ama being a man. Why?

I honestly hope the devs ignore you guys and keep the amazon how she is just to spite some of you.

Then they will lose a lot of players and a lot of money. D2R will just die faster. But something tells me that you don’t actually care much about the game.

Just because she’s not some beauty, doesn’t mean she isn’t a woman anymore.

It is NOT about the beauty. It is about being true to your word and keeping the original art. If she was an ugly old man in the original D2 - nobody would complain!

4 Likes

Because men seem to think every woman has to be conventionally beautiful. They were also commenting on her breast size in here too. She is literally a warrior, I don’t mind a more hardened look. She looks more fierce.

It literally is about beauty, read the OP’s post then glance at the 3rd post talking about she doesn’t have sex appeal anymore.

Nobody said men are evil lmao, but it’s evident that it’s about beauty when the OP mentions it and that post is upvoted hundreds of times and the same goes for posts mentioning her sex appeal. And how will I not be playing this game much at all? I’ve played D2 for years and am currently playing PD2. I just care more about in game systems and less about the look of a character.

What If we care about both…?

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it with the amount of posts+likes there are on the characters looks vs actual in game systems. I just don’t get why people are so concerned with an in game character’s beauty.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like it with the amount of posts+likes there are on the characters looks vs actual in game systems. I just don’t get why people are so concerned with an in game character’s beauty.

Because they aren’t changing game systems. If they start chaging game systems like they did with granmazon - you will see the same reaction. 2 + 2 = 4

1 Like

I can’t wait to make a godly grandmazon. At least you admit she looks like a woman now :slight_smile:

If they keep the amazon as-is every amazon on bnet is going to have a meme name.

I’m calling it now, there are going to be hundreds of char names based on famous people bordering transphobia…

Best that Blizzard nips it now instead of asking for all the name changes they’ll force people into later.

7 Likes

I have seen a few women in my life and this looks shopped.

Frankly, I just do not understand what the big deal is. Excluding the character screen that players spend very little time in (if they are actually playing the game), you can not make out facial details well in an isometric view anyway.

This is really striking to me, too. If you just base people’s views on likes, far more people care about the appearance of the amazon’s face (407 likes) than the second most liked topic on the D2R forum discussing adding a charm inventory (201 likes). I find this ironic.

1 Like

They aren’t adding charms = not changing the game.
They are replacing ama with a 50+ year old man = changing the game.
Is a remaster, not a remake. (c)

16 Likes

I do not know what Blizzard’s longterm plans are in relation to a charm inventory. I do know that Blizzard asked the players in their survey if the players were interested in a dedicated charm inventory being implemented in D2R. Since Blizzard themselves asked potential D2R players about it, I would not be as bold as you to say that Blizzard had decided against it.

Have you seen Blizzard’s survey to know what changes they want player’s feedback on? Blizzard has been very clear in multiple interviews post Blizzcon that they are willing (and already the D2R designer’s have a list of changes) that they would be willing to implement based on player feedback.

1 Like

The amazons face has gone viral now.

There’s no getting around it, they will either clean up the campfire visuals or deal with stupid meme names that will be flagged all the time.

It’s up to them, but I think they’re likely to leave the amazon as is, based on the Diablo Twitter account.

Have fun banning all the memes.

8 Likes

I don’t think Blizzard is going to do much, if anything, to the amazon. They don’t seem to be shying away from the amazon art. You guys better just get used to it.

Diablo promoting zon art

Hahaha this Diablo account has me cracking up: “In our assessment, she is far more attractive than any of the mortal men who enter our realm.”

1 Like

Yup seems like their doubling down when 95% of the comments are negative… Logical activision blizzard

14 Likes

They have a perfect out too.

All they need to say is that they were reviewing the voice files and felt they weren’t a good fit. Which they aren’t.

4 Likes