Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Absolutely! Here is how to permanently delete your Bnet account and all your game licenses. This can not be undone once completed.

3 Likes

This seems so extreme to me.

How much time do you spend looking at the character screen?

Considering the game has an isometric view, many of the complaints are largely invisible when you are actually playing the game.

In d2 (or any similar game), you’re actually looking at your character 99.9% of the time

13 Likes

I am pretty sure that you are not staring at the details of your character’s face in an isometric view where your character takes up a miniscule portion of your screen.

1 Like

No, you don’t.

You spend 99.9% of the time looking at a very very zoomed out rendition of your character, to the point you will not be able to make out facial details.

The other 0.01% is spent on the character screen, clicking ‘play’. You may look at the Amazon’s face every rare once in a while, but overall you will be looking at it less than 0.1% of the time. Account for helmets that block the face, and it’s actually even less.

1 Like

Aaaanyway… let’s not let the thread get derailed, good people.

It’d be such a trivial thing for VV to alter the face slightly. They could just say theyre modifying it to more accurately represent the original amazon. I will totally zoom in all the time, I love that feature in Warhammer and other games. And the character select screen gets us pumped to play. I love looking at my character in detail. Seeing such a strange face each time deflates us a bit.

I just consider myself lucky I dont really like playing the amazon or assassin. But I feel for you who want to main them!

9 Likes

Ehn. Does it really matter though?

Like… c’mon. If your loyalty to the D2 brand is so feeble that you’d refuse to buy the game over a character’s face looking rough, were you really a fan in the first place?

You will barely ever see that face.

And even if you had to, so what? This is so superficial and pointless in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

You could easily make the opposite argument.

If your loyalty to the D2 brand is so fierce that you’d pre-order it months and months in advance in order to gain access to the forums, to ensure they keep faithful to every little detail.

Were you really a fan in the first place?

11 Likes

I don’t know where to start correcting you but I’m not here to ensure they keep it faithful, lol. I’m here because I know I’m going to enjoy the game regardless of the direction it takes, at least enough to justify 40$, and it’ll take more than a few changes or a rough face to make me not enjoy the game.

I never suggested I knew or understood any of your personal reasons for purchasing the game.

I merely made my own statement as to why some people may be more interested in certain aspects of the game. If this doesn’t coincide with your reasons, that’s perfectly fine. A diversity of opinion is what makes a productive forum.

2 Likes

We live in a time period where people are sensitive, and feel the need to protect their feelings in public. There is a term for this, but I believe that acronym gets posts deleted. Even comedians are under attack.

Just TRYING to have an honest conversation might get you reported.

That being said, the Amazon is ugly as sin.

12 Likes

if it doesn’t, what are you doing in this topic then? Move along, if it doesn’t matter for you if they change those model or keep them, why are you here convincing people it’s ok?

6 Likes

Because it is a discussion forum, not an echo chamber.

That means players can discuss multiple points of view and don’t have to only post if they agree.

See the charm vs no charm inventory threads - or anything else where people have differing opinions.

If someone does not want to hear a different point of view, they should probably restrict themselves to their own private groups.

At this point I have been convinced that the models are fine as is. Despite my initial dislike of the facial proportions on the Amazon (which was my single complaint). It was not Drium who convinced me though.

Overall the art in D2R, the armor, chars, mobs, environment etc. is spectacular.

TBH I never said the model was fine or pretty.

I just said it was inconsequential. Between the fact you will almost never look at it (I could do actual math to prove this but you’ll see that face less than 0.1% of the time you’re playing the game and that’s IF you exclusively play Amazon), and the fact a lot of helmets hide the face, and the fact the game is very zoomed out, and the fact I’m not bothered by people who aren’t supermodels…

Like, I don’t see what the big deal is?

I’m here to PLAY D2R, not stare at the Amazon. If I want to do that I’ll Google some art of her.

2 Likes

If it is inconsequential to you, but there are some massive chunk of community that consider this to be a big deal and it would increase their enjoyment of the game if the models were to be accurate representation of original, why are you trying to convince them that they’re wrong, and they should not ask\care for it?
If they get what they want, nothing changes for you as it is “inconsequential”, but those people would be happy.
It comes down to “i don’t care, but you won’t have it cause you asked for it” just out of spite.

To join a discussion, you have to have a stance in this discussion. The “I don’t care, it’s irrelevant, but you won’t have it, cause I want to piss you off” is not a stance.

Yep in charm inventory discussions, people at least bring points as to why charm inventory would be bad. Here? It’s just :

11 Likes

The quote to his original comment is “Does it really matter?”
Dushas has a valid point that you shouldn’t post in a topic if you don’t care.

One could go to every post and just type “Does it really matter?” That wouldn’t be very constructive.

Disagreeing with Dushas asking the questions he asked, because everyone is entitled to their opinions, in essence is you denying Dushas of his opinion.

This should apply to your post as well. Dushas had a different point of view.

8 Likes

I think the point that I and others made is that the amazon’s face is so miniscule and lacking detailed features in an isometric view, that many of us think it is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. It is ok to think otherwise.

The fact is that some poster claim it does matter. Other show that for them it does not matter to them.

1 Like

Someone who feels the models are not a big deal does have a stance. The stance is that the models are not the most important thing in D2R.

Kind of the opposite stance of the folks who want to refund the game if the models are not changed.

Yes, they have every right to say so. Just like you have the right to say you feel the models are critical.

He posted his opinion. Many times. Others are perfectly free to say they don’t agree. That they don’t think the models are a big deal.

You don’t get to make the thread an echo chamber where only people who hate the models can post.

1 Like

It is a topic explicitly about models, you come in this topic discussing models and say that models are irrelevant and should not be discussed at all, and keep repeating it for months? You don’t see some flaw in your logic here?

12 Likes

I am assuming you are not talking about me. My initial post was that I disliked the Amazon’s face. You can find it right after the Blue post.

If you are talking about other people who have visited the thread to add their opinion that the models are fine, or that they don’t have an issue because they are small - yes people do that. Yes, the topic is about the models. If someone does not like them, they can say so. If someone does like them, they can say so. If someone feels models are not important compared to other things - they can say so. All are valid.

1 Like