Why has no new characters been suggested

I find it odd every Mod suggestion has been proposed but no one has talked about new char ideas. I’m personally against this but I am curious why this slipped your minds.

There’s not going to be a new character unless they do a second expansion.

5 Likes

Most likely because it was a promised remaster so the idea of a new character seems to contradict that, but for expansion talks it works :slight_smile:

I would argue it might be more logical to allow a character to expand maybe into another classes tree over a new character but could also slip in a class from D3 and a little lore.

D2:R, Marvel edition mod… Just wait, I bet someone will make it happen.

Felt like they were heading there with D3 at the end… but was hard to tell what was cut or planned with that.

People are too hung up on loot to have focused much on anything else. And unfortunately that will most likely continue to dominate discussions. And if Blizzard makes personal-loot official they’ll probably find another way to call D2 bad and old and outdated in an effort to make D2 more like D3. It’s baffling.

There’s a lot of other things I would ask for but I don’t think Blizzard plans on adding to the game, most likely ever. I also don’t know about another character… it’s just one of those things that always seem like a good idea but you realize there’s only so many ways you can make a character unique until they start overlapping in their playstyle. If I could make just one unlikely request I’d like a 2nd expansion / act VI.

Imo D2 has the best classes from all of the diablo series. D3’s monk, witch doctor, demon hunter are all terrible classes. Even the rogue from D4 looks like sh*t tbh

I completely disagree. The most fun classes in the whole game.

For me they are trash, sorry that we disagree

That is the beauty of it though.

REMASTER

not

EXPANSION

1 Like

D2:R have more characters than Diablo III.
I say 8 Characters are enough, but who knows what the future tells.
But I don’t think It will be any more classes.

I don’t wanna see a goblin