Why does Diablo Freeze moreso in GRs?

OK my hubby and I played the demo game and completed it in Nov or Dec when we became hooked. But now as we have progressed and started doing Greater Rifts when we are in the middle of a crap load of demons the game freezes and it causes us to die which then causes us to lose out on improving our completion time, gems and other great loot! We noticed this happens more so at night. We cannot be the only ones experiencing this?! But due to this, we are not eager to do Hard Core. Please help cause it’s making the game not so much fun! And we love this game so this truly sucks! We have pre-purchased Diablo II and hoping this isn’t the same across all the Diablo games! We have tried this wired and wireless but we still freeze! And we are obviously on 2 diff PCs and both have Elite Gamer through Cox.

Please see [Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds - #546 by Crinel-2585

Alot of the community if suffering been going on for a year now :frowning:

This part is important, i.e. it indicates that the issue is more prevalent during “prime time” when more people are at home playing on the internet. Home ISPs rely on contention ratios to determine how many users to allocate to a bandwidth. So, they might have a contention ratio of 20:1 and this works on the assumption that not all 20 of the people allocated to a split of the bandwidth will be online at once.

The global thing, which has caused lots more people to work remotely from home, has skewed this a lot so contention is an issue during the day now, but it’s always been a thing to contend with during the 4-5 hours after people would traditionally get home from work and play (i.e. 18:00-23:00).

If you want to check this out, follow the instructions in Running WinMTR and do two reports, one during the day-time when you are not having the problem, and one during the evening when you are having the problem. Then post both of traces in the thread so fellow users / technical support can analyse the route your network traffic is taking and, potentially, where the night-time bottleneck might be.