Why do the new sets only focus on one main damage skill?

Just need to put this out there… I find that the sets that focus on one main damage skill are generally the most boring sets and least fun to gear up with in seasons due to their restriction to just one damage skill.

And I know there are players who feel the same way from past discussions.

Why not the following:

• WD: new set buffs Spirit Barrage, Acid Cloud, Zombie Charger and Grasp of the Dead. Would love to see all signature skills supported too but not sure how it would tie into the whole mana regen thing seeing how signature skill doesn’t use mana regen… maybe just add them anyway and buff the support legs for those signature skills.

• Barb set buffs all Primary skills and not just Frenzy. Change the damage reduction and damage buff to not be based on Frenzy stacks… maybe instead be active for 30seconds after alternating between two Fury generating attacks. This way, we can work in leap, furious charge, and ground stomp to synergise with BoM since that will most likely be mandatory for any serious build that pushes.

• Wizard set needs to also buff damage to signature skills. This would give players something to do instead of just running around playing dodge the projectile whilst Hydras do all the work. Don’t get me wrong, out of all the sets, I’m looking forward to this one the most as it reminds me of the old DH M6 autofire sentries gameplay but many players HATED that… it would make a lot of sense if we were encouraged to do some attacking ourselves and signature skills aren’t getting much love… especially Electrocute.

5 Likes

Looks like there’s already similar discussions going on:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/pre-ptr-thoughts-on-the-barbarians-new-frenzy-set/11867

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/268-wd-set-please-not-spirit-barrage-again/11846

Players look to want sets to focus on more than one skill to help with variety.

I was thinking that it might be cool for the Hydras to gain the ability to attack with Arcane Orb and Energy Twister corresponding to the element of the Hydra. The Storm Chaser rune for ET would synergise well with adding signature skill support to this set.