Why do CM's only reply to basic threads & never reply to offline/trading threads?

I mean you’re not wrong. Encrypting their game could easily prevent any sort of dupes.

1 Like

Get a life.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

They most likely aren’t replying to it because those topics are completely off the table as far as feedback goes and not subject to debate, offline mode is 99.9% likely to remain a hard, absolute ‘Never’ and limited trading is also extremely likely to not change. There’s no point in addressing them because our feedback on these two topics is not in consideration.

It is regarding the limitation of trading, namely what should be:

1. Always tradeable
  2. Tradeable once
  3. Not tradeable

For example we know legendary/mythics are not tradeable and this won’t change so that heavy 3rd party deals are avoided, but there are people like me who suggest that gold and crafting materials should be also not tradeable, because otherwise the whales would be able to acquire infinite amount of these and craft/gamble all important items.

I wonder if that would work. If you make an offline character, its always offline and can never be online. Therefore it can’t engage in online trading. If you make an online character then its always online. Two different character types, would that solve the problem of botting and duping and character hacking and economy trashing? It would be giving those players who only want offline play or only occasionally want online play their cake so everyone can eat cake?

Maybe thats too simple of a solution for a complex problem but it seems to me like all the problems could be solved on the character creation screen when you choose softcore/hardcore, standard/seasonal, and offline/online.

1 Like

Actually, this is because comments have been disabled across all blogs on the Diablo III community site in order to comply with GDPR. The comment system on blogs functioned off of our old forum system software, which was not GDPR friendly. In order to remain compliant, we had to disable them by the end of the year.

This was communicated in earlier blogs, including our Season 19 preview/now live and Luis Barriga’s letter to the community, and David Kim’s missed the template memo intended to be added to all future blogs because it was being handled in a different vacuum while I was addressing Season 19 launch and 2.6.7a deployment. I’ll get it added today so that that’s clearer.

As for why we aren’t commenting on other Diablo IV development questions and/or threads, there’s already a sticky in this forum explaining our stance and approach to communication regarding our in-development game. You can also join the active discussion here.

The TLDR is it’s too early.

The longer answer is we’ve only just announced; our communication will continue to come in the form of quarterly blogs, the first of which is planned for Q1 next year. We have one more System Design blog in the pipeline that you can expect before we take time off for winter break with our families; that should be coming in the next couple of weeks or so. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

I’m all for privacy, but the EU kinda went and threw the baby out with the bath water with the way they crafted the GDPR. It really is like a virtual noose around a corporation’s digital neck in many regards. Sucks that we have to deal with that even for websites that primarily are US facing simply because they can be accessed from anywhere in the world. :frowning:

3 Likes

It is unfortunate, but it is the price they pay in order to do business globally. So while I don’t like it, I understand.

Wowa, when did you get definitive say on what will and will not happen? Not very often do you let your personal bias get in the way of your rational statements. I understand you don’t really like the idea of full open trading, or heck maybe any form of trading at all but to come out here and say that something is “not going to happen” is way above your “pay” grade. You will most likely be correct, I won’t argue that, but you don’t need to be all authoritative and shut people down that want to hope their voice will be heard and considered.

11 Likes

Majority of us don’t expect you guys to give us info about D4 on daily basis at this stage of development. We know we will get updates when ever you have something big to show us. And we also know you will ask for specific feedback when ever you need it.

In a mean time D3 is looking strong at twitch right now. Great job overall, even if I feel a bit forgotten as DH only player :slight_smile: . This could very well be most popular season in a long time. We need as many D3 players to come back, to easy transit them to D4 when it is ready.

2 Likes

WoW… this is crazy… what is “GDPR friendly” even supposed to mean?!

I can’t wrap my head around the whole thing. So, apparently GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulations, unless I am mistaking.

What sort of data can one gather about an individual from a freaking forum about a video game, were players discuss video games and give feedback and suggestions? You can’t even see their names, because they are hidden behind a pseudo-name a.k.a. a battle tag!!! What the actual f…

Yeah, the EU politicians seem to be completely out of touch with reality, and I am allowed to say it, because I am from the EU.

I am also all for privacy, which is why I don’t have my real name as a battle tag.

What possible data can Blizzard or any other company gather on me from my comments about Diablo games?!
“This person likes to kill, take the posessions of his victims and wear them as trophies, then kill some more… we gotta do something about him!”
Yeah, I guess I’m screwed :blush:

As far as I understand users who make posts are owners of the posts and not Blizzard. So they can ask when ever they want for posts to be deleted for what ever reason they like. What they type is up to them.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Offline’s not happening.

Open trading isn’t happening.

They’ve said it numerous times. Go away with these tired old dead horse topics.

Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant. You have the answer you asked for. Crying about it won’t change it. Take a stand and don’t buy the game.

9 Likes

But if you are running old system that was not build with GDPR in mind… it is not easy to do that. System needs to be highly automated.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

this doesnt mean anything …
What the prob if some people like to play to Diablo liek a trading system ?

I remember when i was young , i played a little WOW and we bringed back some friends to pay the game .
There was 2 brother , one of them was literally obsessed by Market , like he can spend lot of hour as looking price and try to make money …
He find his fun and rly i didnt understood rly before i was 20+ … i am 29.
Now he work for Microsoft , did polytechnicien (ingenieurHL) school in France, he is a great guy i admire .

Now im mature i like to have this way of play the game , like never farm for have a stuff , i’m ok with some thing in a game u cant BUY .

If blizzard continue with the philosophy of D3 with drop item system , u cant literally trade anything , cuz u never drop something ofr other classses .
This is realy bad , i mean i like to drop all item for me , but i prefer they % 2 this system and make us drop some item for other classes …

Point 1 Offline. Offline Mode is not a requirement. Theres 0 benefit for Blizzard to do this. Lets say they do for some silly season. This will then just allow for even more botting then current. Item duping and downloading of the game illegally.
Your Internet being bad isnt a reason to redesign a game model.

So No Thanks to Offline Mode.

Point 2 Trade. Open Trade allows third party seller sites. This completely goes against the intended style of play and ruins the game. Especially if it has leaderboards.
Blizzard shuldnt have to waste resources shutting these websites down. Limited or Restricted Trade where u cant trade BIS works.

So again No Thank you to Open Trade

If you can come up with a magic arguement where offline or open trade negates these issues im all ears but in every thread chatting about these issues. Its I want i want. And no valid arguements are given that combat these issues.

So mark my words. OPEN TRADE AND OFFLINE mode arnt coming.
Blizzard have already said to Streamers in chats they have had its not happening. CMs have no reason to jump on these tjread and reissue the same statement.

3 Likes

propaganda, please leave my thread alone.

So much YES to the OP’s post.

2 Likes