Why Cant i loot bloodshards if i still have room?

Not being able to loot bloodshards to your max is annoying as all hell.

For example if i have 1072 and i can hold 1120 and there are WHO knows how many on the ground, i should be be able to loot those bloodshards to my max, not have to guess and buy just to be able to loot, with the altar this is trully annoying. On Xbox, can’t rememeber if had this issue on pc. But this is goofy!

PC gameplay is fine in that matter (loots to the max, leaving excessive shards on the floor).

You must be on console.

There, if you can carry 1000 and have 750 on hand but a pile of 300 drops, you do not pick any up because you can’t. It’ll error with “you don’t have enough space for this item.” The only way around it is to go spend some shards until the amount on the ground is lower than the difference between what you have and what you can carry. It makes it very hard, if not impossible, to hit your exact maximum.

I’m on console and what I did was Google a list of how many blood shards drop in each GR, be careful it’s not a secure site. I’d guess because it’s made by a hobbyist.

So I spent shards to get down to the number available on the ground.

Worked for me to get the 1100 sacrifice done.

It also has the unintended potential side effect of making the blood shard sacrifices very difficult, if not impossible for some people unless they are meticulous about maintaining shard balance. It means that the most realistic scenario is to exceed the minimum required GR completions so as to have some room to accrue the required blood shards for the sacrifice.

I’m rather curious why the code is so unbelievably shoddy on that front on console. Surely that isn’t something the developers can’t figure out? D3 has that capability on the PC side, D2R has that capability on all platforms with the shared stashes now, so this makes no sense other than the problem being ignored to the point it’s finally becoming an actual detriment.

Here you go. Much safer site. Chart in post.

Would still be nice if we could pick up them from ground. I ended up dropping difficulty from T11 to Hard and did Neph Rift for 1300 node.

1 Like

Describes the consoles in a nutshell.

1 Like

Thank you Sephrax!
I forgot how helpful the community is.

THanks for the replies very helpful!