Why are there not more bot bans?

You seem to be able to ban WoW players via hardware bans, Blizzard needs to start that with Diablo 3. There are botters all over the leaderboards. Why are there not weekly bans? Perhaps even bi-weekly? What is so hard about this that Blizzard drags their feet with it?

If you knowingly play with someone that is botting to get extra keys to play with you in your GR 110-120 experience farm, your amazing GR 150 time and so on, your achievements mean jack. You are no better than the botter. All your ranks should be tossed as well. You play with a botter more than ten hours total in a season, your should just be banned from the leaderboards for that season as well.

Govern your game and ban more.

It its’t hard to see after 31+ days that people playing 20+ hours a day are botting.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there’s a really major downside for doing weekly or bi-weekly bans. Every single time the banhammer is swung, the bot devs get information they need to make their bots more undetectable. That’s why bans are done sparsely in huge waves rather than little by little constantly.

Also before any ban is given out, Blizzard must conclusively see that a player is cheating. While 20h+ per day playtime is a major red flag, it’s not conclusive evidence. Blizzard must detect the bot running on the player’s computer.

2 Likes

So you really expect people to look at everyone’s account and or ask a person if they have botted? Really?

You are right… Blizzard should ban botters regularly but to tell other players that what they do in game should be tossed because of a cheater… get real dude.

1 Like

If you can’t figure out after playing with someone that they are botting, there is another issue at hand then. I could see the start of the season and people playing a lot, but now, averaging 20+ hours a day.

They have fully benefited from the botters that they may as well just bot theirself.

Blizzard knows the botters will only re-purchase the game once, maybe twice per season before they give up and go to another game.

Seriously. This is widely known. Widely discussed every time botting comes up. Why do people still not understand this will always be a game of catchup unless you give game companies free reign to monitor your computer or console fully.

It’s the game’s monetization model
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This game was abandoned once they were forced to remove the RMAH. The only dlc we got was an abandoned project and was all the finished work at the time released because the president of blizzard at the time felt bad for the community.

This game is dead and has been dead for a very long time. I personally wasted A LOT of money thinking I was investing into the game that would have a long life span only to die as soon as they removed their pay to win mechanics from the game and at the same time killed trading. (Gold and items are permanently bound and untradeable.)

Everyone that enjoyed trading gear and helping newcomers to the game by dropping gear and encouraging community growth have no incentive to continue playing since there’s a giant disconnect between the community and developers.

We want to be able to help people by dropping gear that could be great for peoples classes that are build making, but because Diablo 3 is super shallow and devoid of any complexity there is no such thing as build making. You go for a single specific set bonus that does all the heavy lifting for your class and you have no real choice.

If D3 was a complex game with multiple ways to do end game content the community would still be alive helping people get geared, the closest thing we got to this is power leveling in hardcore. Even then you’re extremely restricted for the items you can drop to having those people in the group with you. If you’re chasing primal gear and don’t need any of the lesser quality gear you could have traded them to the community.

Blizzards greed and avarice killed this game. If there was a free market for item drops this game would be booming. Just look at Diablo 2. RIP D3 you died at birth.

5 Likes

The sad part is, that over the years games have become so bad, that I would now argue, that D3 is a solid game compared to many of the newer ones…

The complexity when it comes to something like D2 does not come down to the basic gameplay like combat.
The complexity in D2 comes to knowing where to farm, how to trade, things like that.

IMO for D4 they should work on improving the basic gameplay and make it more complex, as well as bring back semi loot tables, so we can farm for specific things.

My biggest complaint ATM in regards to D3 is not even the lack of trading. Even if trading is gone, it still needs to be replaced with a system, where I can hunt for or craft specific items… with the affixes that I want… basically something interactive, where if I make all the right choices, I win…
As opposed to the current situation, in which it’s more like a movie. You get random stuff, you don’t have much to do with them and you either win or you lose, but your actions have little to no impact.
You either get the item that you want or you don’t, it’s as simple as that.

So every time you play with someone you first have to check his total hours played and then Blizzard needs to set some max hours before you are liable? And I am willing to bet the majority of players won’t be able to see a gigantic amount of paragon and know that it is a bot vs just thinking damn this person plays so much. Someone reaching 1 500 - 2 000 paragon per season and doesn’t pay much attention to anything other than good build guides isn’t going to know what a reasonable level is.

You have to be really damn careful when banning someone for something like this. Taking away their ability to play requires more than just “hmmm well this looks pretty obvious they should maybe have known and not just someone who doesn’t know”

1 Like

What? So they kept developing a new class, a pretty significant amount of new sets and item and balance changes.

RMAH was announced to close in March 2014 and Necromancer announced at Blizzcon 2016. You telling me that whole pack was done by the time RMAH was closed and just released that much later? So they stopped caring because monetization of RMAH was gone and that is all they cared about but didn’t release the other way to monetize until two years later?

Yes, which is why all that changes etc mentioned above still happens and the player numbers are still where they are (OK I don’t know what they are but definitely not dead levels). And it is almost 10 years old now.

lol, you gonna arrest the grocery shop owner for selling a knife to a murderer that caused death because your profit mean jack and commit crime. :laughing:

Because China owns everything including Blizzard. Duh.

2 Likes

I think the real issue is the lack of monetary gains. If the best solution to committing to play is the reason behind botting and real currency trades, what reason was there to play these games in the first place?

If you play as intended, you are essentially shut down as the player. The basis to most games is to limit content and extend play times. Playing solo seems to be a waste of time, especially compared to partying. A committed party falls apart without the necessary incentives.

There just doesn’t seem to be any (or enough) value in playing the game as intended. The focus of playing these games seem to be a matter of growing sales and not how the customers’ lives can be enriched through the use of their products. There are restrictions to selling, and chain selling comes with some sparse limits.

Currently, everything always just seems to fall short every time. It just seems like Blizzard isn’t popular enough to attain the funds necessary in order to optimize sales.

If the entire industry is built upon people’s money and the next installments require newer devices and connections, what guarantees are there for D4 to even be playable? Can there be a D5? Will it matter?

Which is why I am not buying D4. I will not reward a company who refuses to enrich me as a gamer. I am one of many who are now going to boycott D4 because of how horrible Blizzard and D3 has been. Banning players over their political beliefs, not doing anything to stop cheating and incentivise it, if you get reported you get banned no matter what and they encourage it, they destroyed wow, wc3 launch was horrible and up til today there is still a TON of issues that go unpatched. The list goes on and on as to why Blizzard is now a besmirched name.

they should start banning the friends of botters too. because the botter can run higher paragons and his friends benefit from that botter. then you will think twice having a friend as botter. :slight_smile:
when the bans happen at the end of the season then you see 3-4 player leaderboard, only 1 or 2 of those groups are not botters. and they are playing the zdps. so they definatelly benefit from the botters on purpose.

1 Like

IMO would be nice to prove that I’m the best and make all that money because Blizzard looking good can make me more money.

D3 is a mess, and the fixes aren’t solving anything. D4 just looks so bland.

What?

What?

What?

All false claims. Game is alive and well and still played and enjoyed by many.

WoW was horrible. I was treated like an idiot for playing with the shift bars.

It’s funny how people still don’t realize how expensive it is to be able to play games like WoW.

If you simply play as intended, there is no real reason for a player to associate with a guild, much less start one themselves.

There is only 1 pattern in WoW. PvP, dungeon grind, quest to unlock flying, grind more dungeons, raid, pvp. Rinse. Repeat. Expansion. After. Expansion.

Only now, with the newer expansions, you have to start by grinding quests.

You simply pay just so you can spend to grind.

There were so many sick freaks on WoW. D2 was worse. At least, they’re finally starting to minutely improve solo play now.

Without regurgitation as this is a common question and perhaps it repeats often because everyone wants more banning?

SIMPLY - From the last time this came up - One group handles the banning for every BLIZZARD game and there are only so many hours in the day. They will get to it but with WoW, Starcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Diablo III etc etc… the group is not huge and they DO eventually get to it.