Why are people playing the wrong build? Frostburn is BiS

Is this community dead and moved on to monk, or what is going on? Nobody left here to theorycraft and sim builds and everyone just going with the usual? You know we got new Ethereals with new mods on them, right?

I don’t even have to run a sim or use maxroll.gg planner to know that Frostburn with Bariza is the top dps. I calculate it in my head and it wasn’t close enough to waste the time simming it. So why hasn’t people been catching on like i did?

It’s simple math 100% crit double damage is better then an average of 50% CoE. CoE doesnt even line up half the time and gets wasted, but 100% crit rate lines up 100% of the time.

Not to mention perma freezing everything in the game. CoE has ZERO crowd control.

Not to mention all the stats you get back from respecing all your crit into better stats.

It’s not even a discussion tbqh, and nobody is using it. Anyways, i felt like i should help rather then be selfish and keep it to myself.

A few threads down:

4 Likes

Meanwhile…
Diablo III Game Guide - Monster Resistances

• Hard Crowd Control Threshold: When a monster’s resistance increases to the point that it lowers Hard CC duration below a specific threshold (0.65 seconds for normal monsters, champions and minions and 0.85 seconds for rares and bosses), Hard CC will no longer have any effect. When a monster is no longer under the effects of Hard CC and free to use abilities, its Hard CC resistance will drop by 5% per second until it reaches 0% or encounters another Hard CC effect.

Freeze is a hard CC effect. You’ll rapidly make mobs immune to it in higher GR content where you’re not one or two-shotting stuff.

4 Likes

You can manage immunities to a certain extent in higher Grifts.

My strategy is to fish for an open map. Stinging Winds, Shrouded Moor work but Battlefields or Festering are best (of course). Then gather a good pull together (30 to 50 mobs) and once they’re gathered, fight on one side of the pull for around 5 to 10 seconds then switch to the other side and do the same rotating back and forth until the pack is dead.

As I understand it, immunity builds over time and relaxes over time depending if mobs are being subjected to cc. If you rotate like that, immunity is building up on one side but relaxes when you switch to the other. In essence, the mobs never get a chance to get full immunity because you can’t freeze all the mobs at once with NCS limited pierces.

At least, it works for me. I can nearly but not quite get a 140 with this strategy but that has more to do with RNG than actual damage the build does.

1 Like

That’s correct.
Game Guide - Monster Resistances

• Hard Crowd Control Threshold: When a monster’s resistance increases to the point that it lowers Hard CC duration below a specific threshold (0.65 seconds for normal monsters, champions and minions and 0.85 seconds for rares and bosses), Hard CC will no longer have any effect. When a monster is no longer under the effects of Hard CC and free to use abilities, its Hard CC resistance will drop by 5% per second until it reaches 0% or encounters another Hard CC effect.
1 Like

Well, you’re the only one with the bariza. The rest of us struggle with what we got. Some prefer to use the frost burn others don’t.

I love that playstyle, that’s why had so much fun pushing with AoV Heaven’s Fury because you can literally kite the monsters: big pull, walk straight through it, blind left, fire left, blind right, fire right, repeat. So rewarding