Why are D3 Team so determined to kill Wizard's Channeling and Meteor?

As I remembered, Wizard doesn’t really over-performed in the recent season leaderboard. If anything they are at a bad spot considering that they cleared lower GR level than others.

So instead of buffing the wizard to compete with other classes that dominating the leaderboard, the D3 Team somehow wants to destroy the only and popular Channeling + Meteor build further for no reason.

2 Likes

Repeating what I said in another thread:

Blizzard’s intent seems to be to break wizards dependency on deathwish and etched sigil; and while we may not know the full scope of their plan regarding it, the issue is that the method they’ve chosen to do so has caused far more problems than it’s solved ( in short we lost more builds than we’ve gained with this patch thus far).

Ideally they should’ve done something akin to:

Something I think that’s worth repeating (as it has been mentioned by numerous other folks already) is that while channeling builds were predominant for wizards, our channeling skills themselves were quite weak. As such this upcoming patch is just going to further weaken an already weak build (after all, channeling skills lose the dmg boost given by etched sigil).

3 Likes

Oblivion may be correct, but their approach is moronic - and that’s me being polite. I would have other words to describe it but the language filter surely would hinder me… tch.

It could also be that they have no idea what they are doing and that they do this as another punishing blow for wizards… vengeance for all the trouble they had with Bazooka and for us ignoring Typhons, because it was too weak.

I’m really sorry to be this blunt, but getting the nerf bat another time for no freaking reason just makes me sour. Real channeling builds were by no means overpowered. They were underpowered. It’s the crappy design and itemization that forces wizards to use DW/ES in so many builds because otherwise the damage is way too low.

And we kept telling you but get ignored. That’s beyond frustrating for someone like me who actually mains a wizard since day 1. But I heard you loud and clear. I will not play wizard next season. That’s how bad things are for me.

I’ve really had it with bad mobility, almost no build diversity, crappy set design, and awkward playstyles.

2 Likes

Yeah It looks like the Tal Rasha/Meteor builds are dead now. I would think with the Etched Sigil change they would add something to keep the Tal Rasha/Meteor build alive… Makes me a very sad panda… Please CMs tell the D3 dev team that I became a very sad panda because of this Etched Sigil change.

I’m glad they break it… every wiz build needed deathwish etched else it was crap. It’s all the same gameplay while it cast a different spender

Yeah some players, including me, didnt like how the same channeling gameplay was introduced with the new Wiz Typhon set. They shouldve introduced a new way to play but again it was channeling… IMO they should’ve just left the sigil alone and change how the gameplay/mechanics worked with the Typhon set. No idea whats going to happen, i guess we’ll wait and see.

The ultimate problem isn’t that they broke it. It’s that they didn’t provide anything ELSE… so all the Meteor/EB/whatever other builds used those items are dead.

3 Likes