Whisper of Attonement... Can you get it before 125?

Basic question in the title. All the guides and explanations I read basically say you need to get to level 125 to get the 125 gem.

What happens if you don’t make it to 125? Do you get a proportionally lower level gem or do you get nothing?

I play hardcore and haven’t tried this yet. I’d rather stop at a point where I still feel safe lol. I’m perfectly happy with a lower level gem (like 100+) but if I get nothing I’m gonna hold off on trying this until I feel strong enough to get to 125 (my solo gr record is 121 currently)

Yes. If you are overwhelmed at level 87, then you get a level 87 whisper.

However, I would not base your guess as to how high you can go in the EN, on your Highest GR clear. If you can clear a GR 120, then you can most likely clear a 150 Echoing nightmare without any problems.

I believe the wave levels correspond to the types of mobs you would encounter in that level of a GR. This has nothing to do with your potential to clear that level in an actual GR. You just need to be able to stay ahead of the overwhelm bar.

Wait till you get to around level 125 in the EN or until the bar starts to rise too quickly, then hit all the pylons, and they will carry you to 150 easily. If you were in a GR 150 with 4 active pylons, you would be able to clear efficiently as well.

So, in that regard, it is an accurate representation of your clearing ability, but it is not an accurate representation of what would happen in an actual GR.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Very helpful.

I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and will update with what gem I get or if I die trying lol.

Time to get some augments without painfully slow gem leveling!

It looks like you are playing on HC, so I would not push it too far. There is no real benefit to going over 125, so I would just stop there.

Here is a video showing how to play ENs on HC, and still stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks yup, I’ve watched it before but will do so again. That’s my plan.

And yes, I mentioned I play hardcore or I wouldn’t be so hesitant haha.

Don’t keep us waiting in suspense too long. :wink:

How did it go?

Haha sorry. Found time to do it today!

It was chaotic, messy, scary, and full of mistakes but overall easier than I expected. I more or less just ran around like a brainless chicken trying to hunt down the lunatic machines, dodging explosions all over the place, and sometimes attacking when I remembered to lol! I did 4 attempts. 3 of them landed in the 126-130 range and 1 at 120 cause my follower died and pylons ran out too early :smiley:

He had maxed esoteric and the melee gem so he normally doesn’t die and survived the first one but bit the bullet the 2nd time. After that I gave him the immortality relic. I might manually finish leveling that gem to 125 so that my OCD doesn’tt bug me lol.

I augmented 3 pieces and I’m trying to decide if to augment the rest (kinda crappy ancients) or hold out for better ones. The keys are pretty hard to find… but I had 11 saved up. In theory I should probably be doing this in a group with key rotation but im not very keen to trust a group cause it won’t be in my control anyjmore.

Rant over, Thanks again :smiley:

1 Like

You might consider joining a HC clan and making friends with other HC players.

Yeah, maybe. I haven’t played for like 5 years just came back for this season. So everyone I knew back then is now gone lol. I kinda like doing my own thing but if I keep playing then yeah I’ll probably find a clan and reliable groups.