Whirlwind Crucible Power

I’d like to suggest that this Crucible Power be added either to the Skull Grasp ring or to the Wastes set. It is such a QoL improvement that it would be a shame to lose it after Season 27.

Insread of just Dust Devils the set should grant all runes of WW.

But the Crucible Power isn’t one of the Whirlwind Runes. Unless you’re thinking that the Crucible Power should become one of the Whirlwind Runes.

I’m sure most classes would love to keep the crucible powers in one form or another.

Personally, I want the HotA power to stay around.

Honestly, I wish the potion powers in the new system were replaced with the crucible powers.

That’s not a good idea- were they to do that, the build would instantly become 5-10 tiers weaker.

That’s because the “Hurricane” rune, which pulls in enemies, does not work at all like the WW crucible power. It builds up monster CC resist very quickly, meaning it’s very hard to efficiently group enemies. And since pushing with Wastes involves a large portion of your damage coming from AD procs, making mobs much harder to group really shoots you in the foot.

There’s been a lot of discussion of that in other thread here on this forum and in other places. It doesn’t really look like they’re going to do that, since the PTR is here, and that power is nowhere to be seen.

Also, adding that power basically removes the standard Spear and Stomp zbarb, which is an interesting build to play. You don’t need a ton of skill with it to add some decent value to your team, but it has a high overall skill ceiling, meaning there’s lots of room to learn and grow. And, zbarb is already really good at grouping mobs, so there isn’t really a compelling need to add another “pulling” power.

I may be in the minority, but I just don’t like the spear gameplay. I never took a ton of time to master it, but it just has always felt clunky. I mostly play solo in GRs, and I liked the WW Crucible Power letting me gather mobs and get the most out of AD from Rend.