Which skill to sacrifice for Entangling Shot? (GoD DPS with Primal Odysseus)

Yup, found a perfectly rolled primal Odysseus bow and geared my second GoD DH with Bow and a meh quiver, and now wonder…Which skill is the easiest to sacrifice for adding entangling shot to the standard GoD build?

Would you/do you get rid of shadow power or companion? Tried without shadow power, but it feels very meh to me.

Opinions? :stuck_out_tongue: Does anyone play this setup anyhow? :wink:

You could use the Odyssey’s with a dual primary Unhallowed Essence. The UE HA build is stronger than most realize.

There was a lot of discussion about dual primary GoD early on. I’ll have to look it up and post a link.

Edit: found it Odyssey dual gen vs. single gen GoD

1 Like

Swap companion for it. That’s the least loss. And Taeguk’s damage is “Damage Increased by Skills” which also is additive with Hungering Arrow. With +150% from Odyssey and +30% from Hungering Arrow Damage on items, your total DIBS is 180%, and your total damage is 280% Taeguk adding 80% to that kicks it up to 360%, while using a Bane of the Trapped for +60% is multiplicative, essentially kicking the 280% up to 448%, making it more than twice as good as the Taeguk in this situation; make that switch to make the most out of your Odyssey’s End.

However, until Blizzard changes the GoD set to change to the last primary fired, instead of the last primary landed, the amount of primary attacks you have to fire manually to switch back and forth causes you to loose so much damage output that it’s debatable whether or not it’s even worth it, unless you’re also supporting another damage player. Still, it won’t be terribly worse, so go on and resist the meta! Have fun.

1 Like

Thanks for your input you two :slight_smile:

Taeguk got exchanged for BoT yup. And you are right, the mechanism of the GoD firing kinda kills a lot of the profit dual primaries would offer so far. The char is nearly as good equipped as my regular dual wield DH, and plays a lot wonkier in most grifts. Ah well :stuck_out_tongue: Still fun to experiment with it a bit.

Losing Companion vs Shadow Power works a lot better at least, thanks for that hint :slight_smile: