Which ARPG Are You Most Excited About?

Is it POE2? It Lurks Below? Grim Dawn? Diablo 4? Torchlight 4? Something else?

Will D4 be better than PoE2? Is It Lurks Below actually the best one? Will you buy all of these?

Hey David. Howā€™s things?

2 Likes

to be honest?
D2 remasteredā€¦ its true

1 Like

D3 Season 19.

Iā€™m not looking further than that right now.

6 Likes

Been playing Lost Ark on a russian server for a little while and itā€™s pretty good. The english patch is terrible, but itā€™s a start lol

What is It Lurks Below :smiley:

Iā€™d say, in somewhat ranked order, upcoming or early-access games:

D4
PoE 2
Lost Ark
Last Epoch
Wolcen
Torchlight Frontiers

1 Like

Diablo 4. I am on a Diablo forum after all. I may pick up POE2 since it isnā€™t the eyesore POE1 is.

5 Likes

Minecraft Dungeons

not even kidding here, it looks crazy fun to play couch coop with family

1 Like

When is torchlight 4 coming out?

Torchlight doesnā€™t even have 3ā€¦ Torchlight Frontiers looks bad, but Iā€™ll still try if itā€™s before D:I.

Iā€™ve prepared my controller and ipad for D:I. I watched some videos and it is a nice game if not on a small cellphone screen and not with virtual joystick.

It wonā€™t support controller as far as I know. And it depends on touchscreen controls to aim skills (because it has a system where you drag them with your thumb and stuff like that)

Hmm did they announce that controller is not supported? I mean the latest iOS virtual joystick API usually works with joystick with little dev effort.

I know that controllers work well with mobile devices, I use an ipega controller on my android, but many games deliberately choose to not support them (like Call of Duty mobile for example). From what Iā€™ve seen of Diablo Immortal, it is built around the usual mobile mmo controls that require you to drag the ā€œvirtual buttonsā€ in the direction where you want to cast your spells and things like that. Itā€™s not really built with a controller in mind, so itā€™s very unlikely that it will support it.

If virtual buttons are the only way you interact with it through touch screen, itā€™s actually very likely to support a controller on iOS.

On iOS, virtual buttons use a set of API which can automatically support controller. D:I is not a competetive game and I donā€™t see any needs to deliberately remove such supports.

Of course itā€™s still possible it wonā€™t support controller, in which case I may choose to use android simulators like NOX to play it.

Still looking forward to getting the expansion to both Grim Dawn and Titan Quest. Never heard of ā€˜It Lurks Belowā€™, Iā€™ll have to see what I can find about that one. Last Epoch looks interesting, I thought I saw something about it up on Steam last week.

Torchlight looks real meh, I donā€™t like the art style enough to even attempt the gameplay.

Grim Dawn Iā€™m kind of done with, was a good gameā€¦

Wolcen is a bunch of false promises, lies, restarts, and honestly the game was in better shape a few years ago on one of their releases with the 3D rotatable engine - not to mention their entire story and all the pieces in between have changed.

Diablo 4 has the most potential to be greatestā€¦If they can capture the D2 and D3 audience and have a capacity to fill both the hardcore enthusiast and the casual playerā€¦

PoE2 is PoE1 with better graphics, and hopefully less seizure screen spell spam, and slightly less bloat to the passive tree.

Last Epoch looks really good with lots of potential, which Iā€™ll give a go after Season 19.

Dishonorable mentionsā€¦ Chaosbane.

Theyā€™re not just buttons though, theyā€™re a ā€œpress and dragā€ kind of thing. Like touch gestures

Yeah it sounds really disappointing that everyone say the game is getting worse over time. I supported it on kickstarter all those years ago. Havenā€™t played it yet (I despise early access gaming).

I went to look for a video whose left-bottom corner is not covered by a streamer and now I think I see what you mean.

I donā€™t know that much of the API so for this kind of input Iā€™m not so sure. Perhaps NOX will be better for me. Actually on Android there should be more ways to transfer controller input to touchscreen input.

Even mapping that on PC with Nox could be awkward. I donā€™t know, move with wasd and click/drag the actual screen buttons to use skills?

I do hope they add some sort of support, that would make me try the game out