Wheres all the communication?

True.

I can’t remember who was the guy, but I knew he was working in Blizzard said on his Twitter he got attacked and insulted by haters when he was posting his personal hobby tweet on Twitter which has nothing to do (with or related) with Blizzard at all.

1 Like

Remember Blizzard laid off 800 employees? These were all those who were responsible for the feedback.

No, because they did not.

Blizzard laid off a bit over 200 people in 2019. Mostly esports, publishing, marketing, etc.

They DID lay off some of the Community Manager staff and left Diablo with one CM. Who did the jobs of 3-4 people. She left Blizzard too, of her own free will.

Since then, they have have hired new CMs.

I have learned that CMs can give all the feedback in the world and the mgt does not listen. The Corporate types over them really really don’t listen.

Anyway, source for the layoffs for ATVI (Activision, Blizzard, and King)

There is a PDF at the bottom that was submitted for legal purposes to the state of CA listing every position laid off.

I find the notion that the people who should be communicating with us aren’t doing so because of toxicity, a little wild. Streamers get 10x the toxicity any Blizzard employee gets and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a streamer just stop communicating with their stream.

Wyatt is the Game Director for Diablo Immortal, he should have posted something by now.

Isn’t it crazy how that misinformation continues to this day? I spent a great deal of time over the years linking and explaining that legal document on the WoW forums. I’m sure you saw me post it at least a few times on my Paladin (Delimicus.)

It really seems like most people don’t care about the truth anymore.

2 Likes

They only care about details that fit into their world and agenda.

Sadly, no they don’t. Some of it is intentional too and that is even worse.

Not sure if I got the link from you or someone else, but I have it saved. Legal documents are cut and dry, not media spin.

Sill sad we lost a few CMs :frowning:

I know Ythisens (WoW yak) landed on his feet eventually but was really hit hard by losing his dream job.

For D3 I know Lashes (was 1/2 time on Diablo) got a new job but it was contract and she just the other day posted about looking for a new position.

Tyvalir…I don’t know what happened to him.

Like a certain company?
Who set the standards?
Ignoring everyone and hoping they will go somewhere else solves nothing…
Its very easy to see them as cowardly when they pretend they don’t know people are trying to communicate with them.
The loss of money and the way they took it can be a sore point but ignoring fans who are trying to say “Woah you seem to be steering off coarse here.”
Can and will cause more damage.

Blizzard just isn’t doing it for me anymore only Brav, MB and MC are able to entertain me.

starts happy clapping

We’re chaneling our anger and frustration towards the wrong people. The workers, the nerds are pushed to the front, to take the hits, while their bosses, management, and higher, hide behind their backs.

4 Likes

The forums are a toxic cesspool where every post devolves into a childish argument.

Blizzard developers or community managers I’m calling you out for allowing these toxic environments to persist.

Is it so much to ask for you to be involved in the communities YOU created and are the figureheads for?

I would start by asking for these changes.

To comment on posts saying: “We think this is useful and encourage further discussion on this post”

Or: “We have no plans to implement this and think peoples time would be better spent discussing other topics”

Or: “We think everything that is worth being said has been said here and the continued conversation happening is no longer useful or worth having.” When certain individuals devolve the entire post into an argument that doesn’t even make sense.

If the player base continued the discussion the devs might want to change their mind but at least we’d have some direction as to what is useful to discuss and what isn’t.

2 Likes

I think… D4 beta should happen soon as all other Blizzard games are for kiddies.

no one ever said the people on the forums are perfect oh beleive me none of them are saints by any means but Blizzard brought a lot of this on themselves with their lack of communication lately

they ask for feedback and when the majority of it is NOT what they want to hear suddenly the company shuts off and goes into hiding

the world is not perfect and there will always be internet trolls looking for any excuse to create chaos for their own amusement however companies need to realise that feedback is not always going to be unicorn farts and pretty rainbows

its a messy world out there and you have to accept the good with the bad and to expect anything less is only going to end up in disappointment

Blizzard always maintians they value all feedback and not just the ones that are positive but when you see a game like DI that is recieving nothing but negative feedback then try to tell players oh come on give it a chance well we did and it hasnt improved any

the game is being poorly received and all they have to do is just look anywhere on the internet to see it granted some of the sites talking about the game are just jumping on the bandwagon for attention to their respective pages however there are lots of legitimate claims being made and Blizzard is ignoring them all simply based on the merit that they dont want to hear it

that reeks of arrogance and sends out the impression that the company doesnt value any opinion if it doesnt agree with their own

its the reason why so many loyal fans have either lost all faith in the company or just become so jaded and cynical they completely stop playing any game with the Blizz logo on it

at some point the loss of players will only end up hurting the company and how many of them is it going to take for Blizzard to finally wake up to the realization of what their own attitude and hubris is costing the companys reputation?

1 Like

DI is a complete steaming pile. Our server is down to like 5% of its original population, just the whales left mostly.

1 Like

I’m an adult and solo mostly. I don’t want a whale in my group. And i want the next Diablo game.

1 Like

In this case, who came first; the chicken or the egg? I like to say the rooster.

In this case, the rooster is Blizzard. Their tone-deaf approach to most feedback provided for D3 over the past decade is what fostered the negative attitude towards them to begin with.

And the more they ignored good constructive feedback and the dumber decisions they made - ruining builds, breaking entire classes etc, the more abrasive we collectively became - and it’s 100% justified.

It was too obvious that constructive discussion went completely over their heads so the only thing left was to tell them exactly what we think of them. And that’s how it’s remained ever since, with Blizzard’s blunders becoming more and more elaborate.

They only got themselves to blame. And now they cry foul and completely denounce their own official forums. Oh and they thought they were safe from criticism on discord & reddit :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

exactly i mean the players that are upset didnt just wake up one morning and decide hey im want to be a jaded and cynical person this happened over a long period of time

Blizzard created this type of player with their own actions or lack thereof and it would be naïve of them to believe otherwise

well you know the old saying if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck but in Blizzards case its probably a poodle

1 Like

Them going radio silence is the trend these days for all of their games. I just hope that before season 2 battle pass starts we get a blog detailing the changes to the game. Along with the cadence of the game moving forward after season 2 battle pass. Although the way things are going right now. They might not do that. They might actually make a bunch of changes to the game. Then after about a week or two after Season 2 battle pass has started. Then we will see the blog.

It is all because the changes they will make are ones that they don’t like to make. Changes that could make the monetization of Immortal more like Genshin Impact. Along with removing all caps as well.

1 Like

yeah but in this case theyve royally stuck their foot in their mouth i mean theyve had negative feedback regarding unpopualr games in the past that normal for any gaming developer however it has NEVER reach the levels of contempt that this one game has gotten

this is not merely a few people upset over a minor trivial matter like changing a talent tree or revamping a weaker class or npc to give them a buff to be competitve

were talking a game so reviled and despised the entire internet is talking about how much negativity it is receiving the only ones not seeing how badly its going is Blizzard which is why theyve got silent altogether

theres no shame in admitting they made a mistake and underestimated the negative reaction it got in fact it would go a long way to helping rebuild their companies less than perfect reputation which at this point is in dire need of such a boost anyway

just come forward and admit they made a mistake and accept the responsibility for this and either 1)make it 100% free by changing all the ingame items to being purely cosmetic which does not have any effect on game play or 2) just pull the plug on it or 3) remove the ingame shop and change the game into a purchasable title

Blizzard coudl go a long way with regaining trust of their players and fans if they put their needs ahead of the shareholders after all if the game is popular the money will take care of itself DI wouldve made 100times what they got if they simply hadnt pushed out this mobile cash sucking monstrosity on us

See Ahnuld, you’re a good person. I could sit in a pub and I’d buy you a drink. You see things in right or wrong. Blizzard are the antithesis of you.

What we need in the whole gaming scene is more humans that see things like you (and the vast majority of gamers).

yeah im no crusader or anything im just a fellow gamer than has seen many a decent game go to ruin due to this kind of hubris and honestly Blizzard needs to wake up and smell the coffee

there is way too much at stake here for them to pretend the game is fine no it is NOT fine a game that gets this much negative attention is cause for alarm burying your head in the sand and pretending otherwise is unwise

2 Likes