When will Mac users be able to test the new patch?

It’s 10/6/2020, 12:30 (ET) in the afternoon, and Mac users are still unable to run our characters with the new patch. We’re basically losing a whole week of testing. As they say, this is quite mortifying.

5 Likes

Not sure you know what mortifying means: “causing great embarrassment or shame.”

I think you mean “frustrating”

1 Like

From the Mac Dictionary app; see meaning 2:

mortify, verb
1: embarrass, humiliate, chagrin, shame, discomfit, abash, horrify, appall, crush.

2: hurt, wound, affront, offend, putout, pique, irk, pain, annoy, displease, vex, gall; informal rile; British informal nark.

Your response does… frustrate me, but no biggie.

Well either way if you learned to read the forums you would have never posted this. Blizzard posted that MacOS could not play the PTR and they are looking into it. They posted it 7 days ago… guess you just like to complain.

MacOS Client Update : At the moment, PTR 2.6.10 currently does not support MacOS client users. We are looking into this issue and will provide updates to you as they come in. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

I am painfully aware of the problem. I am giving my feedback concerning the problem. I hope my complaint will make them consider if they will allow this to happen again.

Would Blizz ever release a Mac-only patch, and leave the PC base unable to participate in the PTR? Not on your life. But now it’s OK to do a PC-only week one of the PTR? If Blizz is going to do a PTR, it should be open to all users, and give all users an equal chance to partake in it. I’m letting Blizzard know, this strains my patience. I’m not sorry if anyone is offended.

1 Like

From the stickied post at the top of the forum…

• 10/8 | Fixed an issue with PC Win32 (32-bit) and macOS clients crashing. Please share any issues on our PTR Bug Report section
1 Like