When is the optimal time to start augmenting?

I’ll augment when I’m completely bored with the season and have nothing better to do in the game but still feel like playing.

Umm. When it does? :slight_smile:
If you hit a brick wall, you will level gems because it just happens.
Once you happen to have some excess gems, augment.
I augment as soon as I have a gem matching my skill cap.

If you quickly spend the lowest possible gems, then a gear upgrade for the slot won’t just mess you up as much. You are hedged, so to speak. All eggs in how many baskets…

You can keep increasing your augmenting threshold as you improve. By the time you are done augmenting all your gear, reproducing the lower gems shouldn’t take much time anyway (6-8 quick GRs). At that point you are heavy farming already, with miniscule chances for a gear upgrade…

1 Like

Kinda depends on what state you live in.

Hey, don’t feel isolated I started at 60 and now have 80, seems like I may do it all over again to get to 100. I used them and a double immunity setup as an insurance policy on my age, old and slow.

1 Like

Augment at the highest level you can comfortably solo as soon as possible. I usually pick lesser quality items for early augments since they will likely get replaced with better items and higher augments later on.

1 Like

You consider your progression complete other than full primals.

Completion is a good thing! Why you think people quit this game (other than the fact it is 7 years old and no major updates for some time now)? It is because the progression is a burnout, +5 main stat paragon is bad, period!

Holy hell I saw this scrolling thru and thought the table guy decided to post something other than “Matthew says…balance…nerf barb/sader…”

If doing the Journey, just do it to get it over with as soon as you have a semi decent ancient and a level 50 (I think that’s it) gem that you don’t need for your build

Nowadays I wait for really good gear (like a decent+ Primal) and aug with no less than a 100

PS - make sure you augment with the right type gem for your mainstat. I usually main a DH and realized that I augmented my barbs (main for S19) Primal BK sword with DEX instead of STR… :crazy_face: :grimacing:

I also will run say 80’s to cruise GRs in sub 3 min until i get the gem to 70, then jump 5 levels each run to keep at 100% for 5 rolls…