When is the beta on august?

jessus, i can’t wait…
does anyone know the approximate date besides “AUGUST”
yeah, it could be 31 to august!
so the release is 23 for september, I estimate at least a month for a beta test.
I hope it’ll be the first of august…yum…

so no one have any clue right?

3 Likes

it will be the 6 th.

4 Likes

I’d have to assume the beta will run at the very least for a couple weeks if not more, and then they’ll need at least a few weeks to a month to make changes to the game based on the beta. I’m hoping it starts soon though as I’m dying to play it.

3 Likes

In a recent video the executive producer said there would be two phases for open beta, if that’s true then it could come sooner than expected.

1 Like

I probably shouldn’t reply because I can’t remember for sure but I think all that has changed to the single open beta in August prior to launch with early access for preorders. I don’t think I’ve heard anything new about different phases prior to that and probably won’t be anything but internal.

They literally said a week ago it will be two phases, Preorder is EARLY access to Beta

Ya but I was replying to the guy about an earlier than August beta as in a prior closed beta…that’s literally all I meant :slight_smile: literally…

I’m guilty of using literally a lot heh

I would assume that the start will be the first half of August, since Blizzard will want some time to make fixes if some glitches are uncovered.

The only info supplied to date is ‘early August’.

August 16 for sure.
I guessed the release date within 3 days so please account + or - 3 days here also

where do you know this?

Guessing one date (almost) right does not correlate with guessing another date (almost) right.
When you toss a coin and get heads, you also do not claim that the next coin will be heads again, since you already got it once before.

2 Likes

No exact dates have been released. They also have not announced exactly what test phases they still want to do.

• Closed Alpha Single Player: DONE
  • Closed Alpha Multi Player: Was planned but not done. Still planned?
  • Closed Beta: Will they do this phase?
  • Open Beta: Early access for Pre-Purchase - August
  • Open Beta: All access which is basically a stress test.
10 Likes

I guess the Closed Alpha Multi Player you mentioned was the one they did internally with employees only… and they used that to capture those multiplayer gameplay videos that appeared recently.

Closed Beta pretty much the same as above.

Now just Early Beta for preorders and Open Beta for all.

Also if you look their initial estimated date for the game “on or before Dec.31” ended shortening quite a lot, I would NOT be surprised if the Early Beta for preorders actually drop in late July…

No. It is not the same. They always have internal testing that is staff only that starts way before they let players in. The stages I listed are ones where players have access if they are selected. There was going to be a player Closed Multiplayer Alpha - that folks from the Opt-in pool would get to play. That did not happen.

I am sure any multiplay footage is from internal testing though.

1 Like

ohhh special day
thats awesome. also hopefully they make the cow level infinit regardless of if you kill the king. too many dummies out there will join a open game and kill your king and leave

4 Likes

Not to mention it becomes a one and done on Single Player, unless you’re really careful around the King.

1 Like

Ahh the hot hands fallacy.

1 Like

I still wonder how they gonna make this unhackable.
as this game was so hacked by private servers…

Nothing is unhackable given enough time and resources. So that statement would be false from its birth.

Most likely they are trying to make it less hackable or more secure by changing the underlying protokoll and how the servers are securing the integrity of the game session.
Since the time D2 was released there have been alot of advancements in client server architecture and now is a good opportunity to revisit some of the previous decisions, which were made by a team that had (according to Brevick) ~“no previous experience with multiplayer games”. Redesigning these concepts might lead to more communication integrity and thus less “hacks”.

1 Like