When are you going to do something about bots?

When will the next ban wave against players who are blatantly botting happen? Current player at the top of the seasonal solo barbarian leaderboard, cornbread, has 174 hours and 22 minutes played. That’s 7.25 days played in a season that has only been out for 8 days and 3 hours. A human cannot play that much period.

This is unacceptable and embarrassing for Blizzard to allow this to occur.

Blizzard please create a bot forum so that people complaining about bots will have a safe place to comfort each other.

If I’m remembering previous banwaves correctly, they didn’t hit until near the middle or end of the season. As such, considering we’re still a bit early in this season, I wouldn’t expect it just yet.

Hey dryrun,

We don’t publically announce anything to do with how or when we deal with bots. Probably won’t see another update on this subject.

Thanks for reaching out.

4 Likes

Well I hope you have something up your sleeve. As it stands, it seems like you don’t announce anything because you don’t have anything. How many people in S18 over 4k (or 5k in several cases) paragon in-season should have been banned and weren’t?

Do. Something.

If you genuinely do something about botting, it would be extremely positive for you to communicate about it.

Especially reporting great bot ban waves would be greatly appreciated. Even moreso with statistics.

Or possibly introduce your own, legal, form of automated play. For example restricted to solo play. And possibly restrict it from pushing and anything else that would actually require player skill or social interaction. No harm in legally automating boring stuff such as farming mats…

Thanks alot for the action and effort Matthew.

Facealm…Lol these peoples, ignore these haters and negative peoples Matt :slight_smile: . Which I knew that you know well to handle, just a friendly supporting reminder :).

the action was against people doing the exploit, the devs made possible, yep great ‘effort’ there…

theres still plenty of people in the top 20’s with 80-90% gametime for the season.

do nothing and we will just list these people publicly.