WHEA_Uncorrectable_error

So I have owned D3 on PS4, and again on the Switch, finally decided to get it on PC. I have have an i5-7400 processor, Radeon RX 5700 XT video card, and 8GB RAM. Every. Single. Time. I play on my PC I get a BSOD with a WHEA_Uncorrectable_error. I contacted Blizz, they did nothing, I have 2 hours in game and they won’t give me a refund, nor can they tell me how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (This is the ONLY game this happens with) Thank you in advance for your time!

That doesn’t sound right…

In any case, if you google WHEA_Uncorrectable_error, you’ll stumble on this Microsoft Windows Support page :

To be fair I requested a refund, they said I had to much play time.
My drivers are all up to date Windows is also completely up to date.

Hello :

Have you tried to “restore Windows back to an earlier point in time” as suggested in that article.

If you don’t get an answer from Blizzard here, you should probably contact Blizzard Support directly – the forums are OK for simple problems… I’m not sure yours falls in that category.

You can reach Blizzard Support here (I’m providing the link for “Crashes”):
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/273/279/solution
Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the form.

Hey there,

We will always do our best to assist with technical issues. However I do need to mention that a Bluescreen indicates a pretty deep rooted issue with the system. These are typically attributed to operating system installation corruption, device driver installation corruption, or hardware problem.

So we can better assist you please grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Boubou,
I did try to restore windows to an earlier point which just uninstalled D3 (it’s only been installed for 3 days now), so I reinstalled it and I’m still having the same issue.

Kaldraydis,
pastebin (dot) com/049m59z9

"WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR” BSOD is often related to a hardware interaction error or the hardware itself failed to communicate with windows suddenly. The main software fix for this issue outside of an actual hardware problem is ensuring all drivers and firmware on the system are upto date.

The following video drivers can be updated:

Now is a good time to manually check the manufacturer’s site for Chipset, Bios and other system updates(Note: If you need help with any of these steps Dell support is the best place to get it.) If the issue continues unchanged you would want to first speak with the vendor of any new hardware added to the system. If no recent changes to the hardware has been made then Dell support would be best.

Thank you.