Whats wrong with Diablo 2 Ressurected

Diablo 2. An example of how not to make games. And how developers don’t give a damn about their customers. 20 years of non-working skills. The paladin’s shield suddenly just stops blocking.
His attacking skills miss more often than his normal attack. This applies to both the assassin and the druid. Druid in lekan form loses attack speed instead of increasing it. Druid. His spirits Oak sage, heart of wolverine, spirit of barbs just die with one touch on Hell difficulty. This spoils the whole concept that he has a protector spirit if he dies instantly. Spirit of barbs is generally a useless skill that doesn’t work in any way.
Rashanishu shamans release a fiery arrow that hits before the animation.
The Amazon slows down the flying projectiles, but still the shaman hits 3 times faster than the fireball animation. And this is only a small part of the bugs that will be proudly transferred to the remaster. Because they put new graphics on the old game engine without improving the gameplay in any way.
Why do you lose armor when you run, but it is not displayed in any way? Why does a barbarian keep Duriel’s blow for half life, while a druid with the same amount of life in the form of a beast takes damage for the entire flask of life?
This is all about Lod.
And one more thing, each melee weapons have attack ranges of 1, 2, 3, 4. And when I played a paladin with a two-handed spear, he attacked from a distance of 1 instead of 3 or 4. All of these errors mean nothing on the first two difficulties, but on the third they are fatal. The fact is that I did not have super things and dont know the rune words like streamers show. And the legendary things were very rare or did not fall out at all, which would be relevant on the third difficulty.

11 Likes

No need to improve somethings thats already perfect.

(and yes, those “flaws” contribute to it)

10 Likes

its not even out yet and still being worked on chill out my dude

4 Likes

And you bought it anyway

8 Likes

Preordering a game just to complain how bad you think the game is… I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there.

10 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Buy D2R.
:ballot_box_with_check: Play heavily modified D2LoD.
:ballot_box_with_check: Pass modified version off as non-modified.
:ballot_box_with_check: Blame Blizzard for gasoline prices.

9 Likes

This official forum. May be they fix bugs if they dont know about them. This bugs many years from version to verstion.

1 Like

How do flaws improve a game? You are making no sense.
They need to patch the game and fix these long lingering errors.

8 Likes

How do you know what? You should not make statement like this if you have no clue what are they fixing. Or do you work in blizzard?

1 Like

there is no good without the bad

If everything is balanced it gets shallow very fast - D2 is not come kind of super competitive MOBA or FPS.

1 Like

Well, report the bugs as detailed as you can.

TE:
Theres nothing WRONG with Diablo 2.
Theres a Reason why it gets finaly a Remaster after 20 ! Jears. And why after such a long time many people still play and enjoy the game AS IT IS. :slight_smile:
On the other hand theres much more wrong with the newer community. Theyr impatient and want all the stuff right away at lvl 1. THATS WRONG.
Diablo 3 and PoE (too in my opinion) spoiled the younger Players…

4 Likes

i am a bit surprised they said they were running the old code underneath, i mean i understand its more work but why not re-write it from scratch knowing what its supposed to do? its not like the bugs have been documented, there are a ton of them, i mean obvoiusly there are pros and cons to each.
if u use the old code you know the bugs and u know exactly what sections need a rewrite and would only need to test those section to make sure u fixed the bug, but i am worried about them leaving some old bugs in that have been there for 20 years.

if a bug isn’t beneficial and instead detrimental, then patch it. this is the perfect time to do that.

2 Likes

That’s so you can toggle between the old graphics and new graphics.

1 Like

flaws is never good, and D2 got ALOT of them. period.

but that does not make the game bad, but could be better.

3 Likes

kinda funny statement since the mods are way more popular for D2 than the base game :grin:

2 Likes

well than maybe the devs will make a support for this mods in “resurrected” too and they can keep playing theyr mods in 4k. for me and many others for sure the vanilla game is the perfect game. <3

2 Likes

luckily you will have the chance to play just that, the original release for another 20 years, hopefully :slight_smile: bb

You do know what “beta” means in game development terminology, right?

Do you ever see this bugs? D2 LOD not beta.