What's up with USWEST?

In the hype for D2:R preordered I felt like doing a dry run with low ping, so USWEST because I live on the west coast. For over a week now connecting to fastest server takes a long time and then it hangs on checking versions. USEAST works fine and I’ve overtaken my progress there, but it’s less than ideal… WTF is up?

Before the obligatory ‘banned’ nonsense some Neanderthals are sure to toss around, no, I did not use any cheats exploits or bots and my character is probably somewhere around level 15.

USWest has been having ongoing problems for a couple weeks or more. As ladder reset is supposed to be in early June, I am not expecting much to happen until then.

D2R runs on different servers, so it has no direct impact on the D2/LOD servers. IMO, what I could see Activision/Blizzard hoping is simple: A lot of people switch from D2/LOD to D2R–and then choose to stop using D2/LOD, which then drops the load quite significantly on the original D2 servers. Of course, the players “pay to play”, so it is win-win for the company.

They have been ignoring hundreds of comments about this issue.