What's up with this survey Rhykker is promoting in his new video?

First off I am not posting links because some MVP around here is not happy when people post stuff and keeps on locking threads about surveys/suggestions.

I’ve done the survey, it consists of number of QoL for the game. The survey apparently is very popular. And the funny thing is, you will not get too see details at the end when you finish. Simply says thanks.

I wonder whether devs went 3rd party to stealthily find out how majority feels about certain subjects. Otherwise why it wouldn’t let us see the results.

Overall I think that survey is great. Addresses a lot of issues present on this forum. I believe there is more D2 die hard fans here than casuals from D3 so I expect most of the answers lean towards ‘conservative’ approach.

Then it would actually make sense to not delete posts about it :wink:

If I understand it correctly, whoever created that survey will release the results as soon as the survey is getting closed.

Well I will keep on monitoring that website.

MVPs are other players. We only have green text, nothing else. We don’t work for Blizz and don’t have any mod powers at all. You have the same forum abilities I do. Meaning the actual Blizzard staff are the ones who handle thread moderation. And yes, posting surveys is against the forum rules and subject to deletion.

6 Likes

Yeah I was a bit skeptical about the survey as well. Rhykker did give some other good news though, local saves from the original game will work with D2:R!

The advantage that MVP’s have is when they type “HULK SMASH!!1!1” it looks better. :slight_smile:

Besides what MissCheetah stated, sampling bias is another problem with voluntary internet polls that do not randomly and accurately sample the relevant population.

I counted (I think somewhat accurately) the number of forum posters that want to keep FFA only versus those who wanted a personal loot option (or to replace FFA with personal loot).

Among those who voiced an opinion (posts/likes) on the D2R forum it seems to be about a 60/40 split. So FFA-only is 50% more. To post on this forum, you need to have pre-purchased D2R. On the D3 general discussion forum, there is a mix of forum posters who have and have not pre-purchased D2R. Among these forum posters, it is pretty even.

These ratios of views only consider those who voiced an opinion on the forum. The forum itself is highly biased because most diablo players do not visit them. In total, less than 50,000 individuals while logged in have visited the new diablo forum since its inception on July 9, 2019 . These numbers include the D3, D2, and D2R forums.

Thus, diablo forum posters are not a representative sample of the diablo community as a whole. The people who respond to that poll are also not representative. My take on internet polls is that they will be biased by who visits the poll itself and choose to voice an opinion.

If I were to poll the forum of Texas BBQ lovers and ask what their favorite BBQ meat is, the most frequent answer is most likely beef. If I were to do this same poll in the the forum of Carolina BBQ lovers, the most frequent answer may be pork. I suspect that personal loot is far more popular broadly among D2 players than what is being represented in the diablo forum due to selection/sampling bias in the “interrogated” population.

2 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a message at the end of the survey that said something along the lines of “Survey results will be posted on X date”?

I think on reddit, the poll creator said the results will be posted about 2 weeks after the poll started. I think at the end of the poll, it just said thanks and that your poll had been successfully submitted.

Never mind on my edit.

I’m guessing the survey results were not what they wanted them to be, so rather than admit the community wants something they don’t want, they chose to delete the entire thing.

Blizzard? No. They don’t allow polls or surveys on the forums and never have unless Blizzard creates it. That goes for all their games.

From the Pinned rules post: Welcome to the Diablo II: Resurrected Forums - #5

Petition posts are frowned upon.

These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask you to hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as “votes” is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to moderation, including deletion.

MissCheetah,

I think he was responding to me. Two polls were created on reddit. One was deleted by the creator. I had referred to that poll initially and edited my post quickly since the other poll still exists. I didn’t want to create confusion, but it happened anyway :frowning_face: He was referring to the deleted reddit post/poll.

Correct. Context is important, read the entire thread and who I’m replying to.

Absolute trash dude. People who are genuinely into D2R and going to play it for another 10-20 years are actively looking around about any game news and have keen interest in game development. Relevant population is the group of people who got deep interest in the game.

My fear is that casuals are trying to enforce their own way to get for example personal loot which is an absolute rubbish idea I ever heard of. And when game releases they play for a year or so until Diablo 4 releases and you will never see them again. Where D2 purists will be stuck forever with casual ideas. So no, this survey targets relevant group of people.

In fact I am glad I didnt posted any links to survey. Casuals only access to news is this forum, and I like said proper D2 purists will looks elsewhere.

2 Likes

The poll that you alluded was linked to the reddit thread by Rhykker’s youtube video. I suspect that respondents will be a spectrum ranging from casuals to D2 diehards who have themselves diverse views. In about 10 or so days from now., it will be interesting to see how the results for people who visited and filled out that poll. I am fully aware that these respondent may not accurately reflect the D2R population as a whole due to sampling bias.

Why would the YouTuber want you to see the results now when he can make a video summarizing and make you watch it? That’s why you can’t see results.

Blizzard has no problem creating polls. Highly doubt they are trying to be secretive and go through the YouTuber.

I don’t see them as Casuals, I see them as people who for some reason see D2R as the “next” Diablo game.

They see it as D2:LOD > D3 > D3 Ros > D2R

In reality its

D2:LOD > D3 > D3 Ros
|
D2R

I wont call anyone casuals or not, but I think inability to separate this logic is what makes the forum posts so bizzare. The base that wants things from successful Mods I think agrees with the logic, but just want some of the changes they have already play tested (I still disagree). A lot of the personal loot and overhaul type of people seem to look at this as if it were a new release. It would be interesting if we could see the average age in these camps.

1 Like

I invite ALL players to google “diablo 2 resurrected survey” and to fill it out. That attitude of “casuals shouldn’t fill it” needs to die. Go fill it.

2 Likes

I took the 25 question survey. It was reasonably comprehensive in the questions it asked ranging from fairly non-contentious QoL issues to more hotly debated topics.

Like Drium, I would encourage all that want to take it as the more inclusive we can be in the D2R community the better. I like Blizzard’s motto “Easy to learn, hard to master.”

2 Likes

Personal vs Shared Loot and /8 Players should not even be questions on this survey since they affect core gameplay…

Leave those things as they are

If you listen to zoom meeting with devs (posted on lord fluffy YT channel), devs themselves were initially pitching ideas such as “new act” and “new class”. So I fail to see where your rock solid confidence in your statement is coming from.
So far it is a “70/30” remaster, what happens after release is not decided.

2 Likes