What's NEXT for Diablo 3?

Hello everyone. I wasn’t sure if to just copy paste some of my old topic here, or create other new ones. I am curious about some things, and i would like to discuss about some of them in this new forum.

1. Is there still a possibility for a 2nd Expansion? If not, Blizzard, can you just please confirm at least this, so no one will think or hope it anymore?

2. Are there some new major changes or additions to Diablo 3 coming, or nothing significantly new will come anymore in the future besides the themed seasons and small balance changes or QOL changes?

3. Is there any chance for one more class addition in the future, or nothing else will come anymore?
    Also, i would like to bring back the topics of evil and Gimpzor about the QOL improvements. It would be nice to have them pinned up, like a reminder for us, and also for the devs, to have as a “to do” list for the future patches of the game.

So, Blizzard, community, what do you say? :grinning:

7 Likes

The last announcement we had for anything major in D3 was on 11/04/2016.

10 Likes

Your post would have made sense 5 years ago or more.
At this point in D3, there really is just season theme’s and some QoL additions coming.
That’s it.

2 Likes
  1. No.
  2. Very doubtful.
  3. Also very doubtful.
7 Likes

Highly doubtful for any new content or expansions. The game is now in the hands of the classic team. We was recently given quite a bit of QOL changes from them and that is more love than this game has had in years.

3 Likes

We need Ignore function that also hides threads completely.

3 Likes

I don’t think d3 will get another expansion it just does not make any sense. I would love to see the Druid class come to d3 but I also don’t think that’s going to happen. As sad as it is Diablo immortal will have a good chance at getting the Druid class.

3 Likes

There may be content along the lines of season themes but as far as expansions or other major content, I don’t see it happening; D3 is essentially done at this point.

Most / all of the effort would be on Diablo 4 because Blizzard is in a deep hole of their own making.

2 Likes

Quite underwhelming response to the Necro, huh?

In 2016, the necromancer was unveiled at blizzcon.
In 2017, we were given the heads up that Diablo wouldn’t receive much attention during blizzcon.
In 2018, blizzard hyped up it’s community with the “forges are hot” video only to unveil immortal.

I’m pretty sure at this point that whatever’s “next” for Diablo 3 isn’t going to be anything substantial.

8 Likes

Pretty much this, I really doubt dev’s are gonna sink a lot of funds into this game.

Maybe just maybe a DLC with a new class might happen someday.

But fresh season and a patch is most probable route for now.

2 Likes

So instead of ignoring this thread, you decided to post. lol.

I also would have loved to see a D3 Druid… still hope it will happen, while waiting for D4, because that games is still years away from us.

I remember Nevalistis saying that there is still something planned for D3 in the future, so i was wondering what it might be. D4 is, except surprises, maybe other 3 or even 4 years away, it seems for me a very long time to have only “themed seasons” for D3… don’t you think?

4 Likes

Are you talking about the conversation she had with Rhykker at Blizzcon?
She may have simply been referring to the themed seasons.

4 Likes

Maybe, i don’t remember well, weren’t the themed season already out at the time?

how does everyone know that Diablo 3 is with the classic team?

2 Likes

Not the ones with the buffs. :grinning:

There also has been a medium large patch with balance changes and buffs to sets and legendary items between now and last Blizzcon, which also could have been the stuff that was planned for D3.

3 Likes

I’m also curious about that… everybody speaks about it as it would be a certainty

2 Likes

I would much prefer new content (new zones, new lore, new items), over increased numbers.:grinning:

4 Likes

Ha, I actually would prefer if he numbers would be turned down quite a bit… :smiley:
That would eventually lead to more build diversity.
More build diversity = more content … basically.

2 Likes