What's Blizz's stance on streamers who verbally abuse members of this community?

I say this politely. This is why these idiots shouldnt be idolized. Streamers are not the go to source for this game and shouldnt be held to a higher standard than others.

16 Likes

Quin69 is life!!! xD
oh, it wasnt him? good xD

1 Like

Well then, this is frustrating. I obviously can’t do anything about it and it is a bit outside the normal mod actions. Community Managers are the ones who usually have a chat with Streamers to talk about their concerns. I have no idea if the named person is someone Blizz highlights or not.

Bookmarking stuff so I can at least past it to Nevalistis on Tuesday. Monday is a holiday in the US (Veteran’s Day) and I don’t know if she works that day or not.

1 Like

He is the one of the only streamers that knows this game in and out (Quin, Alkaizer and Chainer). So he would not talk like this I think lol

and mr. llama! dont forget this good boi!

4 Likes

The irony is the person he is trash talking about is one of the two authors of the barbarian buff proposal. 2.6.7 PTR barbarian items were designed by these people and a whole group of barbarians:

And previously he talked very good things about these buffs here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpz7ajwzUig&feature=emb_logo) At 34:10.

So ironic…

6 Likes

Big oof.

Lots of drama in all this. People misunderstanding information. Loss of cool and frustrated insults. Community toxicity. 3-year grudges.

A very interesting rabbit hole.

Didn’t see any advocating for flagging forum posters though. And the “verbal abuse” was less malicious mocking than I expected and more frustrated ranting. Not that it should have happened still.

Moderators and/or Community Team should have been on top of this all much sooner IMHO with more than just a thread lock. Looks like things have been festering for quite a while.

I hope they do something about it all after the holiday.

7 Likes

The whole situation is unfortunate. However, Blizzard does not usually go after people for their language/thoughts when it is not done on Blizzard’s platform. This happened on Twitch. If the person is a representative of Blizzard (contestant, esports pro tied to them, featured streamer) then that can change. Normally though, Blizz won’t smack us for speaking our mind about Blizz decisions, or even other players (on private platforms). If it is something violent that violates Twitch policy then it would be reported there or to police. I know this situation is not that bad!

Blizz can deal with any reporting abuse or trolling on the forums. They can also have a chat with the major players to learn about concerns. I have not watched much of the video yet, but unless there were really horrible comments I don’t expect Blizz to ask Twitch to do anything.

I really don’t want people to get smacked down for speaking their minds on a platform Blizz does not control. Not unless they are representing Blizz in a way.

5 Likes

The whole situation is unfortunate. However, Blizzard does not usually go after people for their language/thoughts when it is not done on Blizzard’s platform.

I understand. But I’m actually referencing stuff in the video that was shown of the forums here that sort of illustrates a pattern of abuse and/or toxicity that could have been handled before this became a Twitch thing.

3 Likes

Like I said, I can escalate it, but I honestly have no idea how Blizzard handles the streamer relationships. Ok, I have one story, but it is for WoW and does not set precedent. I can’t promise anything will happen by pointing Nev to this stuff, or that if it does happen, we will know.

They rarely step in to “moderate” player disputes. Further, I don’t know any of the folks involved personally so I can’t help find common ground/resolve it. I have talked to Free once, and never met the streamer.

Well, I suggest watching the VOD for yourself when you can. If some of the things that happened took place in a lot of other forums I’m in, I think a good handful of people would have been made to force-ignore each other at the very least.

I didn’t know there was so much drama to be had in the class communities.

Umm…the Barb community is passionate and often sticks together. They are not wrong though that class changes were way overdue. I also don’t think a total nerf to WW was reasonable and hope a compromise is reached when we see the final patch notes.

As for force ignore, the current forums don’t have an ignore feature right now. You just kind of have to use self restraint to not reply to people.

9 Likes

The streamer happens to be in the right here. That’s the ironic part. A certain somebody, who I believe is TL3, got away with far too much and needs a time-out. Fluffy didn’t nerf anyone. Fluffy just reported the nerf as being small, which it is, but in relative terms and this TL 3 guy jumped over all him.

Yup.

Also yup. Cheetah and I even agree, which might be the 2nd or 3rd time ever :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, you and I need to stop agreeing or the sky is gonna fall. Did WW need a 7 GR nerf? Prob not. A 3-4 GR nerf? Prob yes. They should have left Lamentation alone and nerfed the 2 piece Waste set bonus to 400% or just reduced Lamentation to 100%.

9 Likes

This is just pathetic. No where in the video did he tell anybody to flag posts. No where did he call anybody anything other than an idiot which is mild at best. The thread to which he was referencing in his stream was a direct attack on him and had many people naming and shaming him yet the mods failed to close it in anything close to a timely manner. Further, he is reading PUBLIC REPLIES in his video and responding verbally to them - free had every right to post what he did, but the streamer had every right to call him an idiot and to show peoples PUBLIC RESPONSES on stream.
Naming and shaming applies to the forums but don’t get upset if people with a bigger platform use it to respond with.
The entire situation has been blown away out of proportion, it’s laughable

18 Likes

To all Barbarians, you’re not alleviating the situation when you insult the streamer, you come out as obnoxious instead. Please can we just agree Barbarians got a buff and nothing else matters? It wasn’t a small nerf for sure but concern horning and picking the smallest detail won’t make you look good.

11 Likes

Do you honestly think the thread that was naming and shaming that streamer should have been left open for as long as it was? You’re going to “escalate” the issue? To do what exactly? Hopefully get the moderators to actually enforce the code of conduct on their forums and lock down threads that name and shame. Or was the streamer in question just supposed to not respond to people?

Seriously though, if you’ve watched the clip, what is it exactly that you think needs to be escalated and evaluated?

4 Likes

I think what OP means is that his followers after watching his stream might intentionally flag the people on the forums. Of course, no way to prove it though.

4 Likes

These kinds of threads aren’t going to help anything.

It’s best to not stir up drama.

Call idiotic comments out and move on.

Just giving free publicity to this troll at this point.

1 Like

No the person who started the thread needs punishment. It was a thread that was nothing but a public call out for the stupidest reason possible: the streamer reported the ptr lamentation changes from blizzcon in regards to the nerf and titled it small. That is it. The “barb community” is way out of line here and the stupid rhetoric of "we’ve sucked for so long we deserve to be outraged and triggered by the most inane stuff possible " is complete nonsense.

Heads up, this is a public forum. If you post here don’t expect your post to be private.

14 Likes

We get it. You hate Barbarians.

Looks like you got your way and WW is still going to be a low tier build next patch.

Congrats.

6 Likes