What's Better? Rifts or Bounties?

Hello all,

Looking for some advice on what I should be spending my time on more; Rifts or Bounties? I’m looking to level up as much as I can as well as accumulate a good amount of loot!

Bounties1

For Bounty Mats. You need them for crafting certain items and several of the Cube Recipes. You’ll need them especially if you’re trying to complete the Season Journey. (You have to extract a total of 40 Powers). Bounties are also good for farming loot and Death’s Breaths. (Once you hit Level 61+)

Rifts

For Greater Rift Keystones. You need these to run Greater Rifts. Rifts are also good for farming loot and Death’s Breaths. (Once you hit Level 61+)

Greater Rifts

Greater Rifts are the best way to level up. In groups or solo.

1Don’t Waste Time

1. Concentrate on just the Bounty.
  2. Don’t kill everything you encounter. Just run past monsters to get to your objective. If the Bounty is to kill a Boss plus X number of monsters, head straight to the Boss and kill it first. Then, you can clear the area to get your kill count.
  3. Optional: Skip Cursed Events to save time. Or do the Cursed Events for the loot.

Good luck and good hunting!  

3 Likes

Jawed, I have tried sending messages but you don’t reply. It shows your status as ‘Busy’ - I don’t know if that is keeping you from seeing the message. I have tried inviting you to games, same thing. Change your status to available and maybe that will help? I’m not sure.

1 Like

Are bounties just a daily thing? As in, do they change daily?

1 Like

Bounties refresh every time you start a new game.

No. As Jay stated, they are a per game thing. They can only be done in Adventure Mode.

Each Act has 5 Bounties. You can do them in any order. You must complete all 5 Bounties in one Act and then talk to Tyrael in town to receive a Large Horadric Cache plus some XP and Gold. Each Act Cache contains a specific Bounty Mat. The higher the Game Difficulty, the greater the rewards. There are certain Legendary items that can only be acquired from Bounty Caches. (See the links below).

When you have completed all 5 Bounties in all 5 Acts, you can “Leave Game” and then “Start Game” to refresh the Bounties. Or, if there’s just one Act you need Mats/Legendary items for, you can complete the 5 Bounties in that Act and restart your game.

You might also find this chart helpful: Diablo 3 Resource: Difficulty Overview

It lists the different Game Difficulties and the rewards you can expect to receive. It includes information on monsters too.

D3:RoS - Bounty Mats

Location               Mats
Act I = Khanduran Rune
Act II = Caldeum Nightshade
Act III = Arreat War Tapestry
Act IV = Corrupted Angel Flesh
Act V = Westmarch Holy Water

It doesn’t. They’ll still get the message even though you see them as busy. The same is true for “Away”, except the message you receive is different. But, they still get the message.

Of course, if they’re AFK, your message may be bumped where they no longer see it unless they check for it.