What should the next move be?

Having reached GR50 whilst being on T5 it is becoming increasingly difficult to survive a GR? GR time has steadily dropped from around 4 to 10 minutes to complete AND survives. Gems of which 2 are ranked at 49 are now unable to upgrade any further.
Once I had a full set and improved Crusader weapons I enjoyed a period of conquest with the time to completion down to a rewarding 3.45min but now with increasing difficulty have become stagnant. Transmorify. Enchancing and converting set items isn’t helping.

First thing I’d suggest is having a look at…
https://maxroll.gg/guides/sotl-blessed-hammer-crusader-guide

Immediate things I noticed on your Crusader were…

1. Helm. Reroll %Life to 6% CHC
  2. Gloves. Reroll VIT to 50% CHD
  3. Chest. You need a new one with STR / VIT / All Resist, but until then, reroll Bombardment damage to VIT
  4. Bracers. Reroll Armor to 20% Holy damage.
  5. Amulet. Reroll Physical damage to a socket. (Ideally you’d want one with CHC / CHD / Holy / Socket)
  6. Legs. Reroll Armor to All Resist.
  7. Boots. Ideally you want new ones with STR / VIT / All Resist / 15% Blessed Hammer, but until then, reroll MoveSpeed to Armor.
  8. Shield. You need the proper shield for the build, i.e. Guard of Johanna
  9. Cube’s Armor Slot. You’re missing Hammer Jammers
  10. Cube’s Jewellery Slot. This appears empty, but that could just be because you have a Ring of Royal Grandeur in there (which doesn’t show up on the Armoury site). In which case, you can incorporate the belt and legs / boots of the Captain Crimson set.
2 Likes

I have been looking at SotL Blessed Hammer Crusader Guide. This is a problem that I’m facing, there’s just so much variety
I love and welcome your input but excuse my ignorance but what are for example Reroll %Life to 6% CHC or CHC/CHD meaning, how to reroll? Some of the armour weapons I do not have –as yet. I have changed Hammer Jammer into Cube and yes ring of royal grander is there too

CHC = Critical Hit Chance
CHD = Critical Hit Damage

to reroll goto Mystic and enchant allows you to reroll 1 stat per item that 1 stat can be rerolled multiple times for ever increasing gold

You’ll find this useful too then…

Hover your mouse over these as examples…
AD
AR
AS
CDR
CHC
CHD
RCR

Reroll refers to using the Mystic (NPC Artisan in town) who allows you to re-roll one of your gear’s affixes into another one.

OK so I have a spare crown of the light at 661 armour–re roll means enhance and how do I know %Life to 6% CHC? I’ve made a few changes already and will do so more as soon as I get the item or understand your STR / VIT / All Resist and similar. Its a pity I can’t buy the items.

When you visit the Mystic and place the helm into the window, it will show you a list of all the current affixes the item has. You select one of them to be altered (e.g. the %Life on your helm), you then use materials and gold to re-roll that, and the Mystic offers you three possible changes (one of which is to retain the affix you already had). In this way, you can reroll the primary affix of %Life into any other possible primary affix, such as 6% CHC. The other two affixes she offers are random each time, but you can repeat this process as many times as you have money and materials for.

I think I did it, I used a spare crown and increased the sweep attack damage by 15% --have a look now. Is this correct? Thanks. I must close down within the next 15 minutes because I’m starving --way past my dinner time.

Well, Sweep Attack isn’t an ability used in the Blessed Hammers build, so it’s not useful.

That was what was offered

Yeah, so you keep re-rolling until one of the three things offered is useful.

Increased fist of heaven damage by 15%

Take a look at a paladin running your set, you can easily find that on the leader boards, should give you a rough estimate on what stats you want on every piece of gear.

As an example…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/107355817

OK guys will do so , but first I’m starving, see you later

I was trying to help walk you through things, then you disappeared. Good luck.

1 Like

Nefertiri --My ignorance coupled with my lack of understanding the game caused me to briefly turn my back on the game. Another reason was because I got ‘stepped on’ twice by others. As much as I thoroughly enjoy this game, I struggle knowing that I’ll enjoy the game till eventually I reach a point were I had to ask for help again. The sheer complexity and numerous options leave me staggering. To me its like reading in a different language

Don’t make it out to be more complex than it is. It’s actually quite simple. My advice - go to maxroll.gg or icy-veins, do some reading.

Best way to figure the game out is plunge right in and play. Learn how to use the Mystic and Kanai’s Cube and gambling with Kadala. The websites I mentioned can help you with that.

There is no magic formula to suddenly ‘poof’ get what you want or need at the drop of a hat. The game does take a bit of work, but it is not hard. That’s 3/4 of the fun of playing: exploring, fighting, trying different combinations of gear, the thrill of finding new gear, hitting higher and higher levels of GR’s, etc…

Reduce the difficulty if you must and grind the spheres to cubes.

But, you either need better equipment or to play better. If you have a full set, even the worst ones, you should be able to handle at least T8.

I used the set you get from completing the season campaign and I’m at GR 98 so far.

What helped me was Avalon had linked some guides from Rhykker and they were amazing, so I suggest you do some googling and find yourself a guide for the set you wish to use.

It really changed my game, last season I maxed out at 613 paragon and barely scrapped by a GR 70, granted it was my 1st season ever so I made the effort this time, and it paid off big time.

Good luck!

Edit: I read you are using guides, then you’re on it and it’s just time now. /hugs

1 Like