What is this Error Code 300016

what is Error Code 300016

Are you trying to purchase the game after killing the Skeleton King ? If so, that is bugged… instead, purchase it directly from the Blizzard Shop.

You may also purchase Diablo 3 from your favourite game store.

1 Like

I purchased the the Battlechest game, after installing the game i was trying to select my crusader character and it was giving me the error code 300016. I have reaper of souls. So why am i having problems? I can’t upgrade also giving me the error?

2 Likes

Have you checked your game license on your account management web page?

Have you redeemed the game key (authentication key) yet? If not, you are still on Starter Edition.

The battle chest doesn’t come with any key whatsoever. I’m having the same problem. I paid $30 for the Battle Chest at Walmart. Installed it and I am now being told that it is a starter version. Not for $30 it isn’t.

If no key, return it to Walmart and ask for refund.

I have an old diablo 3 edition with a key and 2 invitations.
Ive just installed the game on a fresh pc (cant remeber my old bnet account).
Still get the error code.

If you had redeemed the key before with a different bnet account, the key is bounded to that account.

You must login to that bnet account. You can’t redeem the key again with another bnet account.

You can try to recover the original bnet account (email address) using the self-service support webpage: Contact Support - Blizzard Support . Select Account > Can’t Log in

If you haven’t redeemed the key before, don’t use the outdated DVD to install game. Download the Battlenet app from Blizzard’s download page. Redeem the key on the app or on account management web page. Then install D3 from the app.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like