What is the point of the PTR?

Seeing you wish to insult then
This is a moron of the highest form who has English as a second language.
You really think people have time to read thousands of threads? Put your tinfoil hat back on.
FOOL.

Literally nothing of what I posted was an insult to you. If what I’ve said offended you, then I suggest growing a thicker skin.

A strawman is an intellectually dishonest argument meant to argue against a position no one was claiming. You are literally ignoring what I said, and insisting that I believe they should have knowledge of every thread on this forum.

Given that you seem incapable of actually reading my posts, I’m going to assume that it’s you who has English as a second language. If you can’t deal with people challenging your fallacious arguments, then grow up.

‘Strawman’ is an insult full-stop. I am not sure who taught you it was not, but you may have gone to the wrong tutor.

If you use a word that has two meanings, ensure you know both and clarify which one. If you wish to tell someone to grow up, act like one and define yourself properly.

“a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.”"

‘Strawman’ is an insult full-stop. I am not sure who taught you it was not, but you may have gone to the wrong tutor.

Unlike you, I didn’t need tutoring for my education :wink:

If I were directing the comment to you, I would have said YOU are a strawman, and not THIS is a strawman. I was referring to your argument, because it was arguing a strawman fallacy. You are the one losing your mind at a perceived slight that doesn’t exist, which is a sign of immaturity.

This scares me so much regarding the new sets…they are far from a finished product and clearly were not tested enough before hitting the PTR.

My hope is that this is a rare instance where we get two PTR stints, and this specific PTR was twofold in purpose:

1 - To get an initial run through of the new sets
2 - To leak some info for Blizzcon via the 1,000 killstreak proc

Blizzard dev find it beneficial, obviously.
That’s reason enough for it…

But why you ask?
I can imagine a couple of reasons (literally, ie. 2):

• free bug testing
  • (quickly) check if any build perform way better or worse than expectation