What is the main demographic for D2R?

then why did they start at level 1? with only one skill? if they are a reliable adventurer, why don’t they at least start with town portal scrolls, torches, keys, gold, and better equipment? even the rocks drop better gear than the gear “reliable adventurers” carry when they start. ill say it again, arock has better equipment, does that mean the rock is a more reliable adventurer? why isn’t there a playable rock class?

if i wanted true logic and reality in my games,

im not sure, but last time i played diablo 2, and by that i mean the last 20 years, none of my characters aged with the save slot. but for discussion sake let’s say that same mechanics work. then you should be able to play as the lord of terror in d1 since you already finished d1 and form a time paradox where no diablogame exists.

plot twist: games are not real. they don’t follow EVERY rulein reality and if they did they wouldn’t even be fun, in fact, no single game could exist. mario without jumping more than half a meter? nope, not logic.

and just because you don’t care for a topic, it doesn’texist?

yes, and there are younger amazons too, as young as 6, should the amazon be 6 instead?

and if that’s the case, what’s the problem with the amazon being younger, LIKE SHE WAS IN THE ORIGINAL GAME THIS REMAKE IS BASED ON?

then why is it relevant for you to be ugly? wouldn.t be the same? let me rephrase it in the same form:

“And even the “pretty” face is completely irrelevant when you’re zoomed out and in perspective.”

then why is that a problem with you when rephrased?

and im surprised why something that doesn’t change YOUR experience is so important to you.

so, if i ask for the lore behind aging the characters, i play games because my waifu? so the only reason someone can ask something is because they want to (since f words are not allowed,let’s add romanticism to it) “make love” to an imaginary being?

whoa. so much inclusiveness, so much tolerance, so much bravery. so much social justice. you must be a real example of moral high ground.

but for discussion sake, let’s say i DO want to “make love” to the barbarian.

so, if we’re talking about MY waifu, what does it have to be YOUR opinion that prevails?

it is MY waifu, so i must be consulted about and you have absolutely no saying in that.

does that sound better?

ask a question and it must be because

so this is the “blizzard stan mentality”

you know what? you’re right. but defending the manazon, im sorry to break it for you, but aren’t getting laid either. shocking.

now if you excuse me, im discussing MY waifu.

1 Like

Probably used it all just to get to where D2 starts. Some of them have been on long journeys.

Lvls are relative. Lvl 1 can still be very experienced adventurers compared to normal humans in the game.
And one skill is a lot more than what most people have.

Very true. Hence the reason for having 1 skill, and being lvl 1 is not because they lack experience, but because it is the start of the game.

And this is where it gets silly.
NewAmazon does not look like a man.

Regarding Wonderwoman
https://i.redd.it/7v71jxzfpoi61.jpg

Age is relative. Young characters can still be very experienced adventurers compared to normal humans in the game. it’s the same.

i didn’t invent the term, it’s been widely used n this very same forums and i’m just echoing similar opinions.

that’s not wonderwoman.
this lady is:

Google Lynda carter wonderwoman

she’s 69 and she doesn’tlook as old as the “NewAmazon”

but if you want to discuss age, “NewAmazon” could be a lot younger.

google “young amazon”

i don’t want the amazon to be twice her age, or half her age, i want the remake to be faithful to the source material like the developers said it would be.

Google “Diablo 2: Resurrected Deep Dive Panel | BlizzCon 2021”

you know when they do “game archeology” to find two pixels were indeed garlic?

they could dothe same with the concept art you can just google.

Google “diablo 2 amazon”

just count how may of those images look the same age as “NewAmazon” is.

and i can’t post links. google is so easy to use, try it. or try bing if you want. same results.

1 Like

Yeah, haven’t said otherwise.

Didnt say it was, but it is an older ‘amazon’.

Well, also lives in a very different world than Diablo. A bit easier to keep looking younger.
Not that you cant find plenty of people in their 30s who look like they are 50+ too.

It’s not a problem with me. I literally don’t care. The old look and the new one both fit to me, that’s all I’m saying

I’m not defending anything, I just stated my opinion. In my opinion, the new Amazon looks fine and fits the game well. If they change her into a cuter girl, that’s fine too. My point is not that the new one is better, the point is that it doesn’t ruin the game to me. It does baffle me a little that people would be THIS worked up over something they only look at for 5 seconds in the character creation screen though.

Blizzard stan? I haven’t played a Blizzard game in months. I actually dislike the company. The one game that I played the most was WoW but that is in the trash right now so I switched to the rival game Final Fantasy XIV over a year ago. The one reason why I’m actually interested in D2R is because I like the product itself, not because I like Blizzard.

1 Like

so if you literally don’t care why literally quote me and literally reply and literally even write a single word? like, literally? i’m literally not sure if literally you know what “literally” literally means.

funny, i was doing the same.

In my opinion the new Amazon looks old and doesn’t fit the lore of the game , since the game states she, the sorceress and the barbarian are young.

My point is not only that the new one is not better, the point is that it doesn’t ruin the game to you and still you took the time to write, well, everything you wrote while “literally” not caring “literally” at all.

i think the same, if you won’t look at characters for more than 5 minutes why do you care if someone THAT WILL POTENTIALLY STARE AT CHARACTERS FOR HUNDREDS OF HOURS care about said characters? i don’t know if you have noticed (probably not) but playable characters are shown ON SCREEN for the entire playthrough.

by the way, one of the added features of the remakes is “zoom the camera close to the player model and details like the face will be even more visible”, literally quoted from an interview.

as a character artist the first thing i noticed was they were using blendshapes, that’s how you can literally test if i look at charatcers for more than 5 seconds. did you even noticed?

so, why being

it kinda gives the idea that you care. contrary to saying

then why do you care if someone disagrees with their design decisions?
isn’t that what “player feedback” is about? stating if you agree or not with the developer or publisher decisions?

yet you are defending their decisions here? good thing you don’t care at all.

and that’s precisely why player feedback should be important, so less people ragequit their franchises over their arbitrary decisions without even reading player feedback and reacting accordingly, last blue on the topic is from february, hence my questions…

well, in that i agree, im interested in the product itself, not because I like Blizzard or their “inclusive” policies that end up excluding people, but because i enjoyed playing diablo3 with a controller more than i did with the pc version.

1 Like

Of course, if they change it according to player feedback, great. Did I say they shouldn’t do it?

No, I’m only saying I’m fine with it.

You are totally correct and I never said otherwise. You’re picking a non-fight here.

I don’t think being inclusive has anything to do with this, they have attractive girls in their other games so it’s not like they’re opposed to it, D2 is actually a pretty inclusive game as there is a big diversity in the playable characters both in genders (3 female badasses) and in ethnicities. I don’t know why there’s this idea that anyone complained about the Amazon’s booty before, their design change in my opinion was simply due to their artistic vision.

Funny thing is, one of the streams I came across of someone who received an invite from Blizzard to play the alpha and promote the game, was one of those anime VTubers with big, bouncy badonkers. If they had a problem with that sort of thing, they are contradicting themselves.

almost.

i don’t care for booty, i care about characters looking at least 20 years older than what they look originally. hence, all my comments.

have you played d2 in the last week? play d2 with an amazon and tell me you actually think that voice fits her face.

same with the “young sorceress” that looks older in d2 than it does in d3.

for reference, heroes of the storm shows a different looking D2 amazon that is chronologically older and still looks a lot younger.

so. there is also that. but blizzard owns the ip, and like i’ve said, last blue is from february, if they dont care for something so vocal, why would they care if something is fundamentally broken (like their battlenet implementation post launch).

it’s “concern for the future of the game”, “concern for the future of the franchise” more than “i don’t want my waifu to have a bigger tool than mine” … but it adds to it.

1 Like

Nope, you just didn’t interpret what I said right because you’re overly defensive. What I said is that I don’t mind the new visuals and I actually quite like it because, to my eye, it all fits. You see it different. That’s not gonna change, people have different percepctions.

That’s great, then voice your concerns. All I said is that I personally don’t mind it. You do. A forum is a place for different opinions

To me it does. As you say, she looks “20 years older”, an adult’s voice doesn’t actually change much in 20 years.

She looks like to me like she’s in her 20’s or 30’s. She does look ugly though, but not everyone who is young is pretty

isn’t it the way everyone is nowdays? im questioned about my age, ethnicity, sexual preferences, political views, education and skills every single day since, dunno, 2008?
my bad.

and i really appreciate the change of peace.

then she sounds younger than 40 years apart? because there IS difference between the voice of a 20 year old woman and the voice of a 60 year old woman and if she’s 20 something the NewAmazon doesn’t look 20 something.

a decade apart is a little different. just extrapolate. “i dont care if shes 18 or 8” sounds super creepy and a decade in youth is a lot of time.

cannonically she’s 18. ugly or not, she doesn’t look 18 i don’t think she’sugly, she is the best looking of all playable characters and that either speaks good about her or bad about the rest. and i don’t think she is that good looking compared to the original.

there are thousands of examples of attractive indian people. not to mention millions of mexican or even latin-american babes, they just went for that route.

between the new ultra realistic style of D2R or D3 style i even prefer D3 style if that means less wokeism.

Between 8 and 18, the person is growing. Between 20 and 30 the person is already adult and doesn’t change nearly as much. But yeah, I guess you already understood that I just disagree with you and I’m not trying to change your mind

well, between 0 and 10 the change is pretty much.
from 20 to 30, i agree, compared to 0 to 10, not so much. but the difference from 2001 amazon to 2021 amazon is not a decade, but (at least) two.

the world changed a lot in the last year. i don’t know how old you are, but as conservative as you want to be, you can’t compare your 20s knees to your 30s knees, let alone your 40s knees against your 20s knees. and that is a fact. so if the world changed in two years, and is older than a few two hundred billion of years, 20 years of phisical change, is, well, a lot.

if you disagree you are either a) younger than 30 or b) owner of the only magical knees that work exactly the same as they did two decades ago.

and based on the gritty realism of D2R, there’s no magic knees in this world.

by the way “blizzard” says i’ve replied too many times and “a great discussion involves many voices and perspectives” so, i guess, if a point hasn’t been made, won’t be made by more replies. i want to understand the mindset of the changes. but that’s not possible if this is a one-way dialogue between the question and the questioning of the question.

if nobody can answer, then there’s no point in asking.

People have definitely answered with replies that frame their own perspectives.

You then proceeded to split hairs, while banging a drum for your perspective.

Iterative repetition of your points do not make these points more valid to others.

:slight_smile: is this not enough now?

Exercise. There are athletes who compete in peak performance for 20 years and their knees are fine. Sedentarism messes up anyone in the long term. Nothing to do with D2 now, just an actual comment on that since this is a forum full of gamers who may be having that problem

The artstyle of the original isn’t nearly good enough to be able to precisely tell her age. Many of the original artwork I see she looks like a middle aged woman who had a lot of plastic surgery, and in actual D2 the characters look like they’re made out of clay. Perhaps that’s why we disagree - she never looked that young to me in the first place, and the original game never looked that good in my eyes (I first played it in 2010 and it was already old and dated by then) so you can’t really ruin what isn’t great

1 Like

coincidentally, like i did.

funny, like the other people do!

you mean like “lol, you’ll only look at your character for 5 seconds” or “lol, you’ll use a helmet anyways”? because you can see those two answers “by iterative repetition” elsewhere.

no

This entire thread of arguments is one of futility. However, that one statement is somewhat significant when wearing a circlet class helm.

I find most of these arguments completely jaded and insecure.

The barbarian doesn’t look old. And, even if he did, our misconceptions of heroism regarding age is completely asinine, since this is a fantasy game. I think too many of us are stuck in this ‘immersive mode.’

I want to play a wizened, old man, I can. I want to playa young hottie, I can. It’s the story, content, voice actors, music, and complexity of character generation that gives me satisfaction.

‘Much ado about nothing.’

<meme generator version 1.67>

yeah, and there are athletes who compete in peak performance for five years and then suffer a heart attack or an aneurism. [quote=“BlueWizard-11772, post:37, topic:36501”]
our misconceptions of heroism regarding age is completely asinine
[/quote]

im not against old characters in games, i mostly play barbarian in D3, where did you get that idea?

sooo, why the obsssion with realism and against having the same base concept the original characters had? “realistically speaking they should be old” i don’t want realism in my fantasy game,

I think all we can do is not buy the product and voice our concerns. I’m not buying.

Our demographic is larger than this imaginary demographic that they are catering too for whatever reason.

If in 2-3 years the game doesn’t have bots, I’ll consider picking it up but now you’ve certainly raised the bar for me to buy a phony remaster.

Don’t buy D2R easy. It’s the same game as Diablo 2 with worse graphics. What would you rather stare at, D2 or D2R screen? Plus you’ll inheret some other disadvantages with your $40 I imagine. The characters just look cooler in D2.