What is going on with the #1 necro right now

It’s just another case of seasonal theme being abused with zDPS build. Should be obvious by now.

3 Likes

Hey, look at the bright side…a yellow items is being used in high GR’s…

12 Likes

And this is apparently “working as intended”

I’m so ready for this theme to be over with…

5 Likes

are they even going to do a full reset on that because lets face it im pretty sure alot of people doing that right now filling up there entire stash of 150 augs so they can easily gem there 10k non season with 150 aug gems.

lets not forget this carry to non season who actually benefits this the most

1 Like

Lmao a 2400 paragon ZDPS necro with one RARE shaoulders and NO caldesans at all cleared a 150 GR abusing the SEASON THEME, but GoD build is OP :rofl:

If dev(s) nerfs the GoD build seeing all the BS with ZDPS clearing 150 GRs they’ll just make f00l5 out of themselves…

4 Likes

That’s not really an issue. I’m not defending the theme but for a zDPS build to close a 150, you have to get a perfect 1-in-a-1000 rift. The amount of fishing needed would make it an incredibly inefficient way of upping gems. Not to mention that if they have 10k para NS as you’re saying, they can probably do 150 in a group anyway.

1 Like

no joke! I read the answers to my last posts and had the feeling that some guys in aluminum hats from some insane asylum really wanted to trash talk about flat earth theory …
or what is better 2k necro with crap gear or 3k god with top gear for 140+ as trash killer? god is only good for speed runs.
I just looked how it looks with solo dhs in europe. there are now 8 dhs with lvl 150. 2 of them even under 3k para … that can’t be serious?
above all, the boss cannot be killed in groups of four without a snow ball or diablo proc. so much for this circus.

1 Like

I thought that the “working as intended” part was referring to that zdps sharing the same stack with his team, but now people are soloing it solo without relying on people’s stack, so why are you guys upset about it?

Also, the Blood Brother weapon was used by the #1 Necro too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s an early April fool’s joke, come on guys this can’t be real. Blizzard would never allow something like this on purpose. At least not more than 4 or 5…or maybe 10 times right?

2 Likes

The design team is too busy eating fudge muffins, as intended

4 Likes

Then again, solo power should not be judged based on 8+k paragons on non season either.

1 Like

Even at 5k paragon, that’s steep for most seasonal players that get reset. I suck at math, always have which is why I’m thankful I have a calculator via my phone at all times :slightly_smiling_face:. So I do not know the difference between 5k paragons and lets say 1800 paragons which would be, to me, a good seasonal level for someone who has life outside of the computer (a lot of people don’t even hit this).

3 Likes

It’s easier to estimate if you use the total amount of main stat instead. From 1.8k to 5k paragon means 16k extra main stat. If one has let’s say 16k or more main stat at 1.8k paragon, at 5k paragon the damage output is at most doubled.

3 Likes

LOL when I posted about this seasonal debacle, I was flagged by a certain regular here at the forums and my post was removed because as they put it “was trolling” because I questioned the devs integrity when they said the seasonal buff was “working as intended”. I’m glad they haven’t removed your post OP. It was well said. It’s a mad mad world out there.

3 Likes

If you can’t work out why a hero that is literally incapable of killing a single mob at GR150 shouldn’t be able to clear it, I’m not sure it’s worth trying to explain…

There was a time when any person could look at a leaderboard group and see 8-10 players at around 140 and look at one who was 1,000 less paragons with the same setup and think, that person is either a really great player or got incredible luck in the GR.

This kind of misuse takes anything ‘great’ out of the equation and achievements other than perhaps a great cheat because it is theoretically cheating by exploiting the effects/mechanics of the season. What makes it difficult to even call it cheating whereas before any one of us may have is the official statement of “Working as intended”.
I cannot speak for everyone, but for many I know this statement alone with the Necro example being yet another testament to exploitation, left a sour taste in many people’s mouths about the principles of the game.

Many of us remember the banning of Eggman for exploiting such a loophole and Blizzard had no hesitation or compunction in banning him. Now, they do not?
It raises serious doubts to the credibility of enforcement by Blizzard by saying like a broken record, repeating Blizzard’s statement "Working as intended."

Dear Blizzard, if you wanted to lose even more confidence in your motives and policies and plainly just p!ss a lot of people off, knowing full well this was an issue in PTR and acknowledged as such, well you succeeded.

Consider the mindset and natural question you have generated. :“If Blizzard does this in D3, what’s stopping them doing similar things in D4? Nothing”. Disappointment I believe to be an understatement.

3 Likes

To be honest, I was far impressed that people can figure out a way to maximize the potential of the power of this seasonal theme, which I initially thought it was a weak theme than being upset that zdps build cleared GR150 with it.

i am more than sure that they have no idea what they are doing. updates are ridiculous and are made by a beginner with little effort. it is more than obvious that resources are not there.
therefore they try to hide their inability with excuses like “working as intended”.

1 Like

I said in one of the other threads about this that I was impressed by them doing it but the underlying issue is that it shouldn’t even be possible to do it.

2 Likes

Oh I get why they did it. First in the PTR when complained about the damage needing repairing, then it became an exploit, then in PTR they followed that up by making it have next to no damage at all and only a psychedelic light show, then they ramped the damage up again and left it.
Considering what changes they made, I understand the public relations comment of “Working as intended”, but it still didn’t fix the exploit which is why we have been on threads attempting to let them know to no avail. :expressionless: