What if we could copy an item with a cube recipe?

12 Zod in Cube will make a special item we will call XX.
2x XX’s in cube + item will = a duplicate of that item.
Meaning you will need to find 24 Zod runes to copy an item.
This Recipe could be Ladder only and maybe make non ladder Recipe require 48 Zod Runes.
We would have to assume duping is not a thing people can do with bugs/lagging game in D2R before implementing of course.
POE has a Mirror item that can do this where it will make a copy, but super rare to find.

To paraphrase, you want to add a horadric cube recipe which only dupers will realistically have access to which can then permanently dupe another item which would have previously needed to be constantly temp-permed due to clashing.

Hard pass.

My bad, still don’t think it’s a good idea.

6 Likes

Which is why I stated assuming you can not dupe in D2R. So would have to be something added later to confirm duping is not possible though you never know one day some one could find a way.

thats one of the worst things I have see in this forum.
big fat NO

2 Likes

Nah. I’d rather stick with the current legitimate item duplication method: Finding the item again, and if possible, with better stats!

2 Likes

ive seen worse, but not by much…
“personal loot” would be worse. and i have seen some balance ideas that would be worse… but yeah overall this is certainly up there in one of the worst ideas

1 Like

That defeats the purpose of diablos item genius

Being that duping has always been around in D2 are you sayings D2 items have never had purpose? Again like I said this is not gonna be something easily done, ill only find 1 Zod rune at most in a ladder. And as stated there are ways to make it harder to achieve if people think 8 Zod not rare enough which it may not be just used as an example being one of the most rarest runes to find in game. And the idea of copying an item worked fine in PoE. I really do not think it be that bad. People enjoyed the game as is even with the constant duping that was easier then what is proposed.

I like the benevolent nature of your idea.

However adding any mechanic, item, recipe to D2 that flat out dupes any other item is potentially going to do far more harm than good.

We simple forum peasants have no idea how D2 is going to interact with the new Bnet servers or how the overlay may interact with the original coding. The potential for this idea to go fully sideways on you is extremely high.

It’s a no from me, but I like the brainstorming.