What if the necromancer was buffed?

Usually the devs buff a set every season and from my understanding the necromancer sets are pretty weak. I just had a thought that it would be fun to see more players play necromancer. It would be fun if the devs for just one season would buff one of the necromancer builds.

3 Likes

The necromancer builds are too bad currently I really like the class in general, so that would be cool to see. Letā€™s hope for next season? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The necromancer was rushed. Either that or they gave the task to someone with little to no imagination. I feel they grabbed whatever they could think of and piece the class together instead of looking at what made the class great and highly requested in order to give D3 a bit of life back. I mean the blueprints already thereā€¦

Set pieces

When it comes to the set pieces they all pretty much share the same skills only one set trumps the other in terms of performance leaving others in the dust. Each set needs to have its unique, specific skills to work with them. Rathma for summoning (a real pet buildā€¦ not sir-spam-alot), inarius for melee, pestilence for corpse skills ie corpse explosion and corpse lance and traqoul for secondary skills ie death nova and bone spear. The new set can empower the bone spirit.

Legendaries

Majority of the necromancerā€™s legendary power are lackluster. Hell, we still donā€™t even have a bracer yet.
Iron rose should allow other death nova rune to be used and should stack damage as you channel for single target.
Traqoul corroded fang should be ā€œgain all the grim scythe runeā€ and not just empower cursed scythe.
Maltorious petrified spikes should allow multiple projectiles to fire or add shatter rune to give its oomph.
Bloodsong mail? Fateā€™s vow? Fuhget bout it. I could go on and on about all the issues that makes the necromancer feel lackluster and boring but that would make this post TLDR.

Constant spam of mages (6 second spell not a pet), spamming/numlocking devour while chasing after health globes like a gā€™damn
Pac-man or being on the run while youā€™re waiting for land of the dead to come back just doesnā€™t seem fun to me. Right now you have thorns, corpse lance and Singularity mages that are viable and itā€™s all played with legacy of dreams due to sets being outperformed. So many unused skills and items that needs its spotlight.

2 Likes

Totally get your point. But they added a new set for sader this season right? Maybe they could add one for necro in future seasons thatā€™s maybe more fun to play than the others.
But basically iā€™d like it if necro had some viable builds to push high grs with.
Not gonna lie iā€™m kinda a fan of the necromancer, itā€™s just that necro doesnā€™t have any good builds at the moment.
Also they could maybe change how some already existing builds work. Just sharing some of my thoughts.

Yes and the only new set i could possibly see them giving necromancers is for the bone spirit since no set is specifically designed to boost that skill. Also when the necromancer expansion pack was released, there were several posts asking for a real pet build ie permanent skeletal mages etc. One particular post in the old forums had reached its capacity of 500 posts where a part 2 of that topic was created requesting for a better pet build but it was ignored. Players asked for the necromancer because of the fun experiences they had in diablo 2 but we were given a class thatā€™s nowhere near what the diablo 2 necromancer had given us in terms of fun through the variety of viable skills the necromancer possessed. Im not saying diablo 3 necromancer should be exactly the same as the D2 necromancer as there were things they couldā€™ve changed with D2 necromancer for improvement. As stated previously, the blueprints that made the necromancers fun and great are there. All they had to do was blend that in with a few new features to make the necromancer for D3. Listening to the playerbase would be helpful too. The necromancer we have right now feels lackluster and boring. :face_vomiting::poop:

1 Like

I just had an idea for a necro pet build, it permanently increases the dmg of maybe any pet and then you could buff the pets in different ways with the curse skills.
Another set idea could use maybe the grim scythe skill as the dmg dealer but with increased range and attack speed for example.
Any thoughtā€™s about this or maybe other ideas for new necro sets?

No matter how much they get buffed, the sets are still terrible.

1 Like

Yeah, majority of the legendaries and all the set items for the necromancer needs an overhaul. As for the pet build, they need to allow pets to be pets and the necromancer should be amplifying the petā€™s damage for them to do the killing. One of the things that made the necromancer stand out was the ability to control a large army of undead and not spamming Singularity mages (all the other skeletal mage runes donā€™t count due to being feeble) every 6 - 12 seconds while chasing after health globes as if im playing pac-man + spamming devour. Even the ad read command the risen deadā€¦ Iā€™m not commanding so much as maintaining the essence pool and spamming. :alien:

They rushed this thing so fast itā€™s full of limitation which results in boring gameplay when it couldā€™ve been great. I was so stoked when i saw the trailer for the necromancer because i didnā€™t really like the WD too much but given that it was the only pet class for diablo 3, i played WD exclusively. Upon the release for the necromancer, needless to say i was highly disappointed. :expressionless:

1 Like

Well that was why i was suggesting new necro sets xD

Maybe i didnā€™t understand you clearly but if youā€™re referring to the new sets that every class is/will be receiving, then i think the new set should go with the bone spirit. We really donā€™t need another zunimassa/helltooth fiasco. Necromancers already have too many sets that can do the same thing.

What they need to do with the existing set is completely rework them to improve QoL and gameplay to make them enjoyable to play.

Rathma (pet build) - command skeleton, skeletal mages, revive, command golem and army of the dead. Rathma should be unique by giving minions permanent duration and allow army of the dead to be used to grant minion damage and damage reduction to the necromancer. Pet build should be about damage being done by large army and not a shotgun blast from small group of mages. Jesseth set should allow enforcer and dark mending rune.
Inarius (melee build) - grim scythe w/ traqoul corroded fang granting all grim scythe rune, bone armor. Bone armor should stack damage like fan of knives for huge damage against single target and nothing frustrates me more when i get killed by an RG and have to re-stack bones armor all over just to survive.
Pestilence (corpse skills) - corpse lance, corpse explosions and design the set to use both skills to make the set work so that both skills shine.
Traqoul (secondary spell) - bone spear, death nova. Allow iron rose to work with all death nova runes (whichever one you have on your hotbar) and bloodtide should stack damage as you channel the spell for single target. Maltorious petrified spike should give additional projectile or give shatter rune.
New set- bone spirit.

1 Like

The problem with the Necromancer class as a whole is that it has 2 outlier skills that deal significantly more damage than the other skills (Singularity Mage and Corpse Lance) so people gravitate to using those skills and finding ways to maximize them.

1 Like

Yes this is exactly what i was suggesting. For the devs to rework all or some of the necro sets so that they are more fun and enjoyable to play. In my opinion the necro class has the weakest builds in the entire game and i rarely ever see someone play necro even tho i like the class myself. I think if they buffed/reworked some of the sets i think the necro would see more play.

Yep. The set items for the necromancer is nothing more than a dust collector in the present game. Legacy of Dreams blows all the set items out of the water in terms of performance. Might as well rename all the necromancer set pieces to ā€˜Forgotten Soulsā€™. Come on devsā€¦ step your creative game up and do some research on what made the necromancer great. Like i said the blueprint is already there lol.

Necromancer is my favorite class and i continue to play them exclusively no matter how boring it can beā€¦ quite sad hah.

Yeah itā€™s my favorite class to, however i donā€™t play him anymore bc he is so weak rn. ;(

1 Like

I think itā€™ll revolve around Revive personally.

I hope not lolā€¦ it will be a waste of a set items and a division amongst the minions.

It would be better off as part of Rathma, itā€™s just that the amount of dev time that was required to get Revive working was significant and itā€™s a shame to see that wasted on a skill no one uses is all.

1 Like

Exactlyā€¦ they said it themselves on how taxing it was to bring the revive skill into D3.