What if Diablo IV

I don’t know if the developers are already thinking about it, but I think it would be awesome if Diablo IV have a climate system and even more if it have a lighting system synchronized with the real clock (being night in Scosglen if it’s night in your city, for an example). I mean, there will be a lot of events, some NPC routines and animals through the regions, so it would make those things a bit more previsible and give more sense to them. Obviously the enemies could have different behaviors depending on the day period too. The travels could be easier or not. I mean, if we’ll have an open world, so why don’t we have a real time world?
So what do you think? And do you think it’s a real possibility today or we’d have to wait a bit more?

I think it’s possible, but improbable. I imagine they want to keep to game world time and there’s decent reason to do so. Having things tweak by time of day would be cool, but I’d be a bit surprised if they actually explored this.

1 Like

I’d rather not. Considering I live in a part of the USA where 90% of the weather is heat and humidity, I’d prefer not to bake in-game. I do enough of that in real life.

That said, It’s an interesting idea. Or at least have a toggle option for it so I don’t have to be reminded in-game on how much desert climates suck.

Weather and Time should be defined by the world of Sanctuary, not Earth. There’s a growing belief that everything happens in our real world should be reflected in our virtual games, too. I really don’t understand this sentiment.
The virtual world is supposed to be the world of fantasy and imagination, not a world of reflections.

I am a casual player and I don’t have a schedule for my game time. I play when I know I’ll have time to play. So, if it so happens that majority of my game time will be during the day, I’d hate to not ever see night time.